1.1K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 551     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
E.g., "Yes, I've been unwell, and I'm taking treatment now, but the medication causes some side effects. My doctor is monitoring the situation and we'll be working to find the best solution."

Certainly if this were the case he could admit so with impunity. In fact he could take notes from Flaherty on the process. They're chums, right?

Unfortunately, on my end, ain't no amount of legit prescribed medication (or any other type) gonna wash away the nasty, nasty mental image of his words "would you like to touch my snake?". Lord, that was just AWFUL.

And as been mentioned here already, his recent allusions to 'sharks using their big teeth to get rid of anything in their way', "salivating", a "bloodbath", etc. are plenty disturbing. They reveal an unhealthy mindset.

Yeah, the imagery he's been conjuring is unsettling. The promise of dirty politics, bloodbath and his quote from the radio station when he said "It's like a hockey game when you're sitting on the bench and you can't wait to get in there and drop the gloves."

What a brutally, savagely stupid human being.

Someone needs to straight up ask him: "Are you intoxicated, Mayor Ford?"
I wish someone would ask him that but I don't think that's very professional, especially if it were live on tv. Maybe the media don't ask hard hitting questions because they're afraid of being put on the "do not contact" list along with The Star? It is possible that they've asked a member of his staff, off the record, if he's feeling okay.

Well he does have a number of slightly sinister henchmen to back him up... If I were any of the other candidates, I'd want to have a good security plan in place.

Certainly if this were the case he could admit so with impunity. In fact he could take notes from Flaherty on the process. They're chums, right?

Unfortunately, on my end, ain't no amount of legit prescribed medication (or any other type) gonna wash away the nasty, nasty mental image of his words "would you like to touch my snake?". Lord, that was just AWFUL.

And as been mentioned here already, his recent allusions to 'sharks using their big teeth to get rid of anything in their way', "salivating", a "bloodbath", etc. are plenty disturbing. They reveal an unhealthy mindset.

Agreed. Also, the "cyanide" comments were disturbing.

I wish someone would ask him that but I don't think that's very professional, especially if it were live on tv. Maybe the media don't ask hard hitting questions because they're afraid of being put on the "do not contact" list along with The Star? It is possible that they've asked a member of his staff, off the record, if he's feeling okay.

I think it would have to be very obvious for someone to ask, because you're wandering into libel territory. I'm sure they're having lots of private discussions about it.

Unfortunately our system is designed assuming that everyone has some basic level of decency, and the system sort of breaks down when someone doesn't have the requisite capacity for shame.

Well he does have a number of slightly sinister henchmen to back him up... If I were any of the other candidates, I'd want to have a good security plan in place.

The biggest (both literally and figureatively) being his brother. The two of them are essentially hired goons. Schoolyard bullies (with the intelligence of one too).

I think it would have to be very obvious for someone to ask, because you're wandering into libel territory. I'm sure they're having lots of private discussions about it.

Couldn't the media and other councillors just counter with the stuff the Fords say on the radio show? It's equally libel and many cases outright fabrications.

Agreed. Also, the "cyanide" comments were disturbing.

Yikes! Had to google that one. Missed it first time around. And Doug in the "bushes" with his machine gun sound fx all around. A kindergarten-level passive-aggressive attack by two people who by this point should well be more scared than scary.

Gee, I guess I'm the only one here that found humour in the Ford's haunted house tour. Yes, Rob and Doug suck, but can't we look past that for one second and have a little fun? It's halloween! Loosen up! Ford's laugh was hilarious. The snake remark was funny. Even the media was laughing. Cyanide, the dead councillor's bones, who cares. They're showing that they have a lighter side. I thought it was fun. Did David Miller ever get in the spirit and decorate his office and get into character for the occasion?

Unfortunately our system is designed assuming that everyone has some basic level of decency, and the system sort of breaks down when someone doesn't have the requisite capacity for shame.

The great thing about a libel suit is that Rob would have to testify under oath to the contrary of the libelous claim.

Gee, I guess I'm the only one here that found humour in the Ford's haunted house tour. Yes, Rob and Doug suck, but can't we look past that for one second and have a little fun? It's halloween! Loosen up! Ford's laugh was hilarious. The snake remark was funny. Even the media was laughing. Cyanide, the dead councillor's bones, who cares. They're showing that they have a lighter side. I thought it was fun. Did David Miller ever get in the spirit and decorate his office and get into character for the occasion?

Have to agree. This is really weird but at least it's amusing. Plus Halloween will be over soon anyway, and Rob will still do interviews flying on cocaine and showing up to work near noon.

The Halloween display would probably be endearing if robbie and douggie weren't actually sinister, violent psychopathic maniacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back