News   Jun 07, 2024
 4.9K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 3.5K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also knew that Moscoe made signs.

It is interesting that both Moscoe and Lastman, despite having strong animosity between each other before the amalgamation, endorsed Josh Colle for city councillor.
Aren't all 3 of them Jewish

I fucked up Scarborough transit, please re-elect me.
Smitherman campaigned harder on a B-D extension than Ford, so it's not like there was no support for this before Stintz.

Mayor Ford plans to turn his office into a house of horrors next week

http://blogs.canoe.ca/goodgravy/politics/mayor-rob-ford-wants-to-scare-toronto/
Someone should get in there and check his couch. Could be some interesting stuff hidden within.

Is that important?

Karen Stintz announced her plan to run for mayor yesterday.
in the cbc's comments quite a few are supportive of Stintz.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/karen-stintz-will-run-for-mayor-of-toronto-in-2014-1.2253685

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford will likely see at least two people vying to take over his job at city hall in next year’s municipal election, after city councillor Karen Stintz confirmed this weekend that she will run for mayor next year.

"I’ve been working hard for the people of the city and I want to work hard for them for the next four years in the capacity of mayor and I want to make sure we continue to move our city forward," Stintz said Sunday, when explaining her motivation for seeking the job.

The Ward 16 Eglinton-Lawrence councillor says that she is assembling a campaign team and believes she would be a good alternative to Ford, who has already stated his intention to seek a second term.

"I know that we’ll be able to build a strong platform, a strong team that will allow people to have choice in the 2014 election and that what it’s about," Stintz said.

The field of expected contenders now includes Stintz, the mayor and David Soknacki, a former councillor who has also said he will mount a mayoral campaign.

Coun. Josh Matlow predicted via Twitter on Sunday they won’t be the only people to enter the mayoral race next year:

Aren't all three of them retired North York politicians of the same vintage? That, more than anything, is the tie that binds (and all of the unregulated campaign finance and other assorted dirt associated with politicians of their vintage). Although they probably all own taxi licences, too.

Honestly, why was this brought up?

Agreed. So much of this thread is productive, rational discourse. And so much of the rest is just purely entertaining :D No need for us to descend into the mire, down to the level of His Foul-Mouthed Bigoted Hypocritical Soused-Out Bullyship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back