421     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 578     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 902     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's a quote from one of their other hosts "Showgram". I wouldn't say that it's necessarily the network's opinion, but the fact that they tweeted it......

CFRB newstalk 1010 is fighting the CBSC complaint against the show.

its a talk show. they dont have to support rob ford, they support the controversy it creates and the advertising revenue.

Bike lanes on Bloor simply make too much sense. The BIA is asking for them, residents are asking for them, councillors are asking for them, serious research on the matter shows it would alleviate congestion and improve the business environment... you would have to be massively uneducated to oppose them on any rational grounds.

Bloor is not Jarvis.

Bike lanes on Bloor simply make too much sense. The BIA is asking for them, residents are asking for them, councillors are asking for them, serious research on the matter shows it would alleviate congestion and improve the business environment... you would have to be massively uneducated to oppose them on any rational grounds.
And the Public Works Committee voted 5-1 in favour of the EA study. Having a Study is a good idea as it allows opponents and supporters to speak and will look at the impact. Not much election ammunition here!

Vote (Adopt Item)
Oct-21-2013

Result: Carried Majority Required
Yes: 5 Michelle Berardinetti, Janet Davis, Mark Grimes, Mike Layton, John Parker
No: 1 Denzil Minnan-Wong (Chair)
Absent: 0

lol wait and see.

this is the stuff that gets rob ford going and rally his base.

dont underestimate his ability to spin.

Bloor is not Jarvis.

This is Ford we are talking about here...

For what? Being recorded in a video smoking crack is not a crime, possession is.

What crime has he committed?

If Ford is being charged I guess it is for orchestrating the exchange of drugs to get his stolen phone back. Sandro Lisi has been charged with "brokering" the illegal transaction which means that police must have evidence that someone else (Ford) directed Lisi to exchange drugs for the stolen phone.

You're correct that the crack video - even if it surfaces - would not warrant charges.

If Ford is being charged I guess it is for orchestrating the exchange of drugs to get his stolen phone back. Sandro Lisi has been charged with "brokering" the illegal transaction which means that police must have evidence that someone else (Ford) directed Lisi to exchange drugs for the stolen phone.

You're correct that the crack video - even if it surfaces - would not warrant charges.

Obstruct justice would be another one I would guess.

And the Public Works Committee voted 5-1 in favour of the EA study. Having a Study is a good idea as it allows opponents and supporters to speak and will look at the impact. Not much election ammunition here!

Vote (Adopt Item)
Oct-21-2013

Result: Carried Majority Required
Yes: 5 Michelle Berardinetti, Janet Davis, Mark Grimes, Mike Layton, John Parker
No: 1 Denzil Minnan-Wong (Chair)
Absent: 0

I don't get it. If Denzil Minnan-Wong isn't sucking up to Rob anymore, then why does he vote against a public works project that makes sense? Afraid of robocalls?

https://twitter.com/jbcurio/status/392004043242876928/photo/1

Looks like he's already started his own publication. He needs to get his message out, without it being "twisted" by the "lefties".
Oh, that's one of LeRoy St. Germaine's publications. He's somewhat new to the whole Ford Nation. He's much more "Old Man Shouting at Clouds Nation".

The Walrus did a piece on him about 4 years ago - http://walrusmagazine.com/blogs/2009/08/17/just-an-ornery-citizen/

I've talked to him a couple of times ... the guy didn't seem to be all there. And he's litigious too - http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontovotes2010/2010/10/22/15791466.html

He seems to have found a partner in his lunacy ... someone by the name of Robert James.

What amused me, is last time one landed on my door (been a while, perhaps he took my threats about suing him for trespassing seriously) I went through his "advertisers" to make sure I never give one of them another dime of business ... and I didn't actually recognize any of them ...

in other news

Rob Ford got free ammunition for his re-election campaign.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bloor-street-bike-lane-study-clears-committee-1.2128990
Why would anyone local drive on Bloor Street for more than a block or two? It's got the faster subway under it ... and it's not as convenient through downtown as many of the parallel streets. I'm convinced that most of those using it are from out-of-town and don't know any better, attracted to it by it's prominent position on a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back