157     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 873     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 441     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, I suspect they're frustrated with the bulk of city council trying to block every cost cutting measure he suggests.

Such as?

Cutting funding? Cutting services? Cutting revenue?

Sorry, but subway plans without a funding plan are worthless...no matter how many times you come up with unfunded subway plans.

Does anybody remember the actual fiscal plan Ford ran his mayoral campaign on?

If they want to raise some revenue, simply pass a bylaw fining Ford every time he uses the word "folks".

That's the best question you've asked in a while. What is Ford supposed to be accomplishing? What has he done or tried to do over the last year, and what's planned for the next? Ford of the A-B-C mantra - Always Be Campaigning.

I assume he's just going to yell about subways for 14 months, now that the great plastic bag debate is settled. Great.

Yeah, it is a good question and nobody has answered it yet.

What exactly isn't being done that would be being done with 7 or 8 extra staffers? People are consistently saying that the mayor's office is understaffed, but there's about as much reason to think previous office's were overstaffed or simply wasting resources.

Ford has accomplished a lot in office. Putting out a budget smaller than the year before is a monumental achievement, but it doesn't get the same press that issues like the plastic bag ban get.

People are consistently saying that the mayor's office is understaffed, but there's about as much reason to think previous office's were overstaffed or simply wasting resources.

Then there should consequently be plenty of evidence to support that theory. Good luck 007.

Miller was busy accomplishing things, which is why you don't recall massive turnover of staff, massive controversy and non-transparancy from his office.

And is lowering the Mayor's office budget supposed to distract us from the fact that we have a larger operating budget and paying higher taxes and have more service cuts than when Miller was mayor?

Ford Fest pix: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...tonians-gather-for-ford-fest/article13050004/

Judging by the line up, they sure like their burgers:

ford-gallery06nw8.JPG

But it's not just the burgers. They truly seem to like Rob too:

fordfest%288%29.JPG

Well, not everybody:

ford-gallery06nw6.JPG

Hey, that's actually a pretty good watermelon carving, if you like that sort of thing:

ford-gallery06nw3.JPG

I'm gone 3 weeks and both Doug Holyday and Peter Milczyn are running against each other for Provincial office, Rob Ford is still Mayor and apparently increasingly popular and even has his own song and John Tory is now very likely John Laschinger's candidate? Did I come back to the right dimension?

The Good: Doug Ford is not returning to municipal politics (so far). The mayor, if reelected, will need someone else to talk for him. Doug Holyday is running for the Provincial byelection, that's his ticket out.

The Bad: No movement on the video side of things. Peter Milczyn is also running for the Provincial byelection, that deprives city hall of a moderate conservative.

The Ugly: Ford Nation's still standing resolutely behind Ford, his poll numbers aren't changing. Those people at Ford Fest are likely going to vote for him; even with John Tory it's going to be an uphill climb.

Ford Fest pix:

But it's not just the burgers. They truly seem to like Rob too:

Judging from the pictures, that seems like an overwhelmingly middle-aged crowd. Multicultural, too. That next conservative candidate's going to have to appeal to this crowd.

Last edited:
It's funny. Every newspaper report estimates 5 thousand in attendance. However, on twitter and the messageboards Ford Nation is claiming 20 thousand. I wonder if douggie will run with that number on tomorrow's radio show.

Actually just saw where that 20 thousand number is coming from. Amin Massoudi was telling reporters security counted twenty thousand.

I still have no idea how this wasn't a campaign event. He literally said "the campaign is on and there will be lots of parties."

No way do the crowds in the pictures look to be 20,000.

This is 20,000 people.
crowd-aerial_1911313i.jpg

5,000 sounds more accurate, though that's still a strong showing. 20,000 could have meant people entering and leaving throughout the whole night, though that's still very doubtful.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that 20 thousand is just another exaggeration. It's like the billion in savings. Ford Nation has demonstrated time and time again that they will accept any lie, any exaggeration thrown at them from rob and doug. As long as those two keep pissing off the lefties ford nation is happy.

Is Rob Ford campaigning before the legal start of campaigning in January of 2014? Must be nice being rich to pay for all the food, drinks, park permit, security, cleanup and all. Or is the money coming from the family business?

Ford Nation has demonstrated time and time again that they will accept any lie, any exaggeration thrown at them from rob and doug.

What's shocking is how large that contingency is. I remember a time when Scarberian jokes were common and synonymous with "Newfie" jokes. Perhaps it's just payback time?

"I love you, Scarborough, you were absolutely fantastic to me two and a half years ago. You elected me to keep taxes low and stop the gravy train and that is exactly what we have done, folks,"

....except I haven't done either of those things, but as long as you will believe anything I say into this microphone I will continue to hang out here in the fair Borough of Scarberia, rather than my office.

"There's one thing I promise and I'm going to get, are those subways. Mark my words. The subways are coming," he shouted. subways are coming to Scarborough. Guaranteed."

As he left the stage, mobbed by supporters, the crowd chanted "Subways! Subways! Subways!"

Queue Mussolini giving his speech with crowd shouting "el Duce". ha ha

Is Rob Ford campaigning before the legal start of campaigning in January of 2014? Must be nice being rich to pay for all the food, drinks, park permit, security, cleanup and all. Or is the money coming from the family business?

One big idea - everyone loves a parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back