822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 734     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point, we already know Ford is a homophobe. It's not even worth debating or justifying. And who cares what percentage of the population is gay? Whether it was 1% or 99%, gay people are part of Toronto and our mayor should represent ALL of us, not just heterosexuals. It reflects badly on the city and our reputation for being a progressive city. Ford has no legitimate excuse to skip out on every single Pride event, during Pride Week. The fact that he does, speaks for itself. Ford is all about $$$$, yet he seems to ignore the fact that Pride brings in millions of $$$ to Toronto, and deserves to be recognized for its benefits it brings to the whole city.

Last edited:
Agreed. Maybe we just need another convoluted Ford conspiracy theory to keep the mood light. Is Blair secretly undermining Ford on behalf of Wynne so that he can run as a Liberal in the next provincial election? Are the OPP involved in today's raids really leftist pinkos?

What surprises me is hearing that 15 Windsor was raided today as well. I wonder how the media didn't pick up on this considering how close it is to 320 Dixon. Also strange that only CBC is reporting that 15 Windsor was raided today. If it true this is very significant.

I had the same thought. That is big and closes the circuit on locations. I assume there will be bigger stories tomorrow once legal vetts them.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...hen+Mayor+Ford+name+popped/8523089/story.html

Police had to tread fine line when Mayor Rob Ford’s name popped up in wiretaps

"When Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s name first surfaced on wiretaps in a lengthy guns-and-drugs investigation, the senior command at police headquarters had to figure out how on Earth they would handle it. Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair’s line in the sand was a simple, “I won’t lie.â€"

Agreed. Maybe we just need another convoluted Ford conspiracy theory to keep the mood light. Is Blair secretly undermining Ford on behalf of Wynne so that he can run as a Liberal in the next provincial election? Are the OPP involved in today's raids really leftist pinkos?

All three levels of gov't are.

The RCMP is investigating the fed Conservatives about the senate scandal. Clearly this is an anti-right wing sham :rolleyes:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...hen+Mayor+Ford+name+popped/8523089/story.html

Police had to tread fine line when Mayor Rob Ford’s name popped up in wiretaps

"When Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s name first surfaced on wiretaps in a lengthy guns-and-drugs investigation, the senior command at police headquarters had to figure out how on Earth they would handle it. Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair’s line in the sand was a simple, “I won’t lie.”"

What's interesting, is that's a Christie Blatchford, presumably National Post, article that the Gazette has picked up.

So now even Christie Blatchford is going at Ford.

What's interesting, is that's a Christie Blatchford, presumably National Post, article that the Gazette has picked up.

So now even Christie Blatchford is going at Ford.

It's not that they have picked it up... The National Post and Gazette (along with the Ottawa Citizen, canada.com, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald, etc etc) are all under the umbrella of Postmedia.

Been out all day and catching up. A few points:

- Today's report that the police already knew about the video and its detailed contents is consistent with what my source had tipped me and that I reported here 3 or so days before the news of the video broke. In conjunction with other information that that same source disclosed, I can say that I have a lot of confidence that either the video itself or wire taps describing it will be viewed/heard/read in court.

- Bill Blair refusing to discuss whether the Mayor is involved is clearly incriminating. If the Mayor had no involvement, the simple answer would have been "No". Why would they not clear an innocent man if there was no connection? Watch the press conference: the Chief is talking about Rob Ford and the video without saying "Rob Ford" and "video".

- It's becoming increasingly apparent that the video is involved in the murder of Anthony Smith. Given that it is a probable motive, the prosecution will submit it as evidence. Either the video itself or evidence of its existence including a detailed description. The police can't or probably won't prosecute the Mayor for possession but he may be charged for withholding evidence, obstruction of justice or as some indications suggest, serious crimes beng committed to retrieve the video. No doubt the police are also investigating whether the Dixon City Bloods have exerted any influence over the Mayor's official business.

With the evidence now retrieved in this morning's raid and suspects in custody being interviewed, if there is anything on the Mayor, he's going to be called to speak with the police in a matter of days.

When it comes before a court that there is a video and its involvement in Anthony Smith's murder, Ford will have to admit to it or continue running away from accountability and adding the Police to his delusion of persecution. Will he resign? Never. That chance passed with Towhey's firing. Even if he's arrested, he'll likely be out on parole and can carry on being Mayor. Unless he were far worse of a person than our wildest imaginations and is charged with ordering the murder of Anthony Smith and encarcerated awaiting trial, we're stuck with him until Election Day 2014.

Been out all day and catching up. A few points:

- Today's report that the police already knew about the video and its detailed contents is consistent with what my source had tipped me and that I reported here 3 or so days before the news of the video broke. In conjunction with other information that that same source disclosed, I can say that I have a lot of confidence that either the video itself or wire taps describing it will be viewed/heard/read in court.

- Bill Blair refusing to discuss whether the Mayor is involved is clearly incriminating. If the Mayor had no involvement, the simple answer would have been "No". Why would they not clear an innocent man if there was no connection? Watch the press conference: the Chief is talking about Rob Ford and the video without saying "Rob Ford" and "video".

- It's becoming increasingly apparent that the video is involved in the murder of Anthony Smith. Given that it is a probable motive, the prosecution will submit it as evidence. Either the video itself or evidence of its existence including a detailed description. The police can't or probably won't prosecute the Mayor for possession but he may be charged for withholding evidence, obstruction of justice or as some indications suggest, serious crimes beng committed to retrieve the video. No doubt the police are also investigating whether the Dixon City Bloods have exerted any influence over the Mayor's official business.

With the evidence now retrieved in this morning's raid and suspects in custody being interviewed, if there is anything on the Mayor, he's going to be called to speak with the police in a matter of days.

When it comes before a court that there is a video and its involvement in Anthony Smith's murder, Ford will have to admit to it or continue running away from accountability and adding the Police to his delusion of persecution. Will he resign? Never. That chance passed with Towhey's firing. Even if he's arrested, he'll likely be out on parole and can carry on being Mayor. Unless he were far worse of a person than our wildest imaginations and is charged with ordering the murder of Anthony Smith and encarcerated awaiting trial, we're stuck with him until Election Day 2014.

Why anyone in his position would want to run for reelection is beyond me.

Have you heard anything about how long it will take for this to go to trial?

I think he would resign if he admitted there is a video and he does smoke crack. I think that everyone around him, including his supporters would ask him to.

I think he would resign if he admitted there is a video and he does smoke crack. I think that everyone around him, including his supporters would ask him to.

Hardly. "Why would I resign? I get phone calls and e-mail from hundreds of people telling me to keep doing what I'm doing, keeping taxes low, etc, etc..." Go ahead and tell me you can't hear him saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back