316     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 474     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 659     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Rob Ford discusses decisions with the Deputy Mayor, Doug Holyday. Very likely, Rob's brother, Doug Ford, is his right hand man, his "Rasputin", his puppet master pulling the strings. Seems that Doug Holiday has been left out of the loop on many, many decisions and actions of the Mayor.

Given Holyday's admission that he believes there is a video, I'm surprised he hasn't been booted as well.

All that is left is for the judge to decide how much of Ford's legal bill Foulidis is required to pay. I think he should be responsible for 100% of Fords legal costs. After the hell that he has put Mayor Ford and his family through, I truly hope that Foulidis is financially wiped out by this judgement.
The ruling is in http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...rtial_costs_in_wake_of_failed_libel_suit.html $160K goes to Ford.

Chaleff-Freudenthaler had better take notice. He may be on the hook the next time.

RE: "What has Doug Ford done for his ward? Apparently very little"

The sad part is, if Doug Ford chooses to run again in Ward 2, he will almost certainly win despite being one of the least productive councillors by all conventional measures. A lot of people in the suburbs could care less about things like transit, the environment, or poverty. Even if they support these issues in principle, they have no strong views or interest when it comes to actual policy. To them, the fact that a city councillor came personally to look at the pothole on their street will guarantee their loyalty for life. And loyalty not only means that Ford has their votes, but also that people who wouldn't normally bother voting will show up on election day.

This makes me wonder how the dynamics would play if a viable (and brave) candidate stepped forward to oppose Doug Ford in Ward 2. The Fords only know how to bully and intimidate. It would be a nasty fight.

So there is a good question, how does one go about opposing a Ford, on the ballot, in North Etobicoke? What message should a rival candidate take to those electors?

This makes me wonder how the dynamics would play if a viable (and brave) candidate stepped forward to oppose Doug Ford in Ward 2. The Fords only know how to bully and intimidate. It would be a nasty fight.

So there is a good question, how does one go about opposing a Ford, on the ballot, in North Etobicoke? What message should a rival candidate take to those electors?

It has to be somebody local, popular in North Etobicoke who people know. Perhaps a well liked business person or a teacher or a former city councillor. Doug will probably win back his riding but he will be nothing but a rookie councillor once his brother is no longer Mayor. I don't think he'll even want to be there. If Rob is defeated, so will Doug. That's the best strategy.

Today is City Council and it is always interesting to see which agenda items are "held' by the Mayor. It, presumably, shows something of his priorities or prejudices. This time he is "holding" items on the Grey Cup, traffic management (his 1st key item), several requests to name laneways and an item on a pedestrian crossing.

very good news

Rob Ford crack video scandal: Media lawyers granted interim access to search warrants linked to second suspect

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...search_warrants_linked_to_second_suspect.html

FORT MCMURRAY, ALTA.—A judge has allowed a lawyer representing the Star and other media outlets access to search warrant details surrounding the arrest of a man charged with the first-degree murder of Anthony Smith, a central figure in the Rob Ford crack video scandal.

Today is City Council and it is always interesting to see which agenda items are "held' by the Mayor. It, presumably, shows something of his priorities or prejudices. This time he is "holding" items on the Grey Cup, traffic management (his 1st key item), several requests to name laneways and an item on a pedestrian crossing.

Today is the opportunity for Councillors to grill the Mayor on the unanswered questions. "Anything else" isn't going to cut it. I'm sure there are more than enough Councillors to move to discuss this.

The ruling is in http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...rtial_costs_in_wake_of_failed_libel_suit.html $160K goes to Ford.

Chaleff-Freudenthaler had better take notice. He may be on the hook the next time.

You're a little obsessive about Adam C-F, aren't you? Of course you know that the CoI suit (Paul Magder was the applicant on record) was found to be in the public interest and substantial costs were not awarded despite the loss of that case on appeal.

In this matter, George Foulidis deservedly lost big. As much as I don't like Ford, the cost award looks good on Foulidis.

Last edited:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...s_rob_ford_for_firing_her_from_executive.html

Jaye Robinson blasts Rob Ford for firing her from executive

She said she believes she was kicked out of Ford’s cabinet — leaving it a 13-member male bastion — for two reasons.

First, because she had publicly urged Ford to take a leave of absence to deal with an ongoing crack cocaine scandal.

“I stand by what I said. . . I think the mayor has personal issues that he needs to address,” she said, and should consider taking time away to deal with them. The scandal, and his unwillingness to fully answer questions around a video viewed by three reporters that seems to show him smoking crack cocaine, are a distraction, she added.

The other reason she was fired, said the Ward 25 Don Valley West councillor, is that she “crossed a line” with Councillor Doug Ford, the mayor’s brother, when she said that the mayor should speak for himself and Councillor Ford should not act as his proxy.

Robyn Doolittle has been rather quiet as of late. I wonder if she's on vacation. Or maybe hard at work on the crack story. I wonder.

I noticed this as well. No tweets since June 7th, and she normally has at least a few quips during the radio show. Makes you wonder...

I creeped her facebook page and she posted about returning from a 10 day vacation back in February. So perhaps she's just working. A couple of weeks ago during The Star lockdown rumour and her lack of tweets she replied to that by saying she wasn't tweeting because she was "out investigating". Maybe she's gone off to Alberta to work that angle of the story? I have a feeling she's up to something.

Last edited:
You're a little obsessive about Adam C-F, aren't you?
On the contrary, I'd say this fellow is obsessed with the mayor. Anyone who has two failed attempts (CoI and campaign financing) to oust the mayor and then publicly considers a third run would garner some attention, even from myself. Otherwise none of us would know who this fellow is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back