News   Jul 17, 2024
 989     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 559     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Globe and Mail article on said house.

Seemingly useless, until this passage pops up: "Jerry Sorrentino, a 42-year-old plumber and Windsor Road resident, has urged the city for years to block the flow of foot traffic between the house and a nearby apartment complex known for gang violence."

Maybe the Star will have more about this...

Neighbours interviewed by The Globe say the fence has not prevented a few young people from heading to the house on Windsor Road. Neighbours also reported seeing police cruisers at the house on a handful of occasions, and on the night of May 21, neighbours said that half a dozen police cruisers, and what appeared to be a forensic identification truck, arrived at the property. A source with Toronto police said there was an armed home invasion at the house that evening at 11 pm.

A husband and wife in a neighbouring home said they heard shouting that evening. “Help me, help me, help me,†the wife heard from the bungalow, a plea that was followed by “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.â€

Coincidental, no?

Thanks to umopapisdnwei on reddit, my jaw is agape. Someone posted this back in March:
Here's the thing: Rob Ford DOES use crack cocaine. A friend of mine, her mother is a serious drug addict. Rob Ford regularly goes over to her house to smoke crack. The problem is this: The daughter wants to expose Rob Ford's drug abuse, but her oldschool Italian grandmother won't allow her to "bring shame" upon the family, long story short. So basically the daughter has become complicit with the entire thing instead of doing the right thing. Shame on you Jasmin.
http://www.torontomike.com/2013/03/the_problem_with_rob_ford_and.html#comment-234172

15 Windsor Rd (the house we now know is the one in the photo) is listed to "E Basso" in the phonebook. I (umopapisdnwei) found an obituary that says "E___ Basso" passed away on November 6, 2009. The obituary lists Jasmine as his granddaughter. "Jasmin" is the name mentioned in the link above.

very good find.

Thanks to umopapisdnwei on reddit, my jaw is agape. Someone posted this back in March:
Here's the thing: Rob Ford DOES use crack cocaine. A friend of mine, her mother is a serious drug addict. Rob Ford regularly goes over to her house to smoke crack. The problem is this: The daughter wants to expose Rob Ford's drug abuse, but her oldschool Italian grandmother won't allow her to "bring shame" upon the family, long story short. So basically the daughter has become complicit with the entire thing instead of doing the right thing. Shame on you Jasmin.
http://www.torontomike.com/2013/03/the_problem_with_rob_ford_and.html#comment-234172

15 Windsor Rd (the house we now know is the one in the photo) is listed to "E Basso" in the phonebook. I (umopapisdnwei) found an obituary that says "E___ Basso" passed away on November 6, 2009. The obituary lists Jasmine as his granddaughter. "Jasmin" is the name mentioned in the link above.
That would tie in with the Star article:

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...eres_the_house_where_the_photo_was_taken.html

Residents of the house on Windsor Rd. include Mario Basso, 40; Fabio Basso, 45; and Elena Basso, 51. The house is owned by their mother, Lina, who also lives at the home. Their father, a retired bricklayer, passed away in 2009.

“Rob Ford’s the greatest mayor ever. You guys are scavengers,” Elena said in a brief encounter with the Toronto Star. “You come back to my house, I’ll call the police.”

WOW! Great sleuthing!

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...eres_the_house_where_the_photo_was_taken.html

Residents of the house on Windsor Rd. include Mario Basso, 40; Fabio Basso, 45; and Elena Basso, 51. The house is owned by their mother, Lina, who also lives at the home. Their father, a retired bricklayer, passed away in 2009. The family came to Canada in the 1950s and have lived on the street since at least 1972.

“Rob Ford’s the greatest mayor ever. You guys are scavengers,” Elena said in a brief encounter with the Toronto Star. “You come back to my house, I’ll call the police.”

Fabio refused to come to the door.

A visitor to the home Wednesday said that Fabio Basso and Ford know each other from high school.

Well shit.

Sarah Thompson, publisher of Women's Post, claims to have "a" video. Is it "the" video? Whatever it is, it's breaking tomorrow.

Globe & Mail now reporting on this story. Two weeks ago this house was the scene of an armed home invasion!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ue-to-rob-ford-photo-mystery/article12376492/

Neighbours also reported seeing police cruisers at the house on a handful of occasions, and on the night of May 21, neighbours said that half a dozen police cruisers, and what appeared to be a forensic identification truck, arrived at the property. A source with Toronto police said there was an armed home invasion at the house that evening at 11 pm.

A husband and wife in a neighbouring home said they heard shouting that evening. “Help me, help me, help me,” the wife heard from the bungalow, a plea that was followed by “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.

Just when we thought the story was dying down it looks like it about to get red-hot again! :)

The Star is breaking the story tomorrow, they lead the investigation on "the house".

Another piece in the intricate puzzle that will eventually remove this blight from our city. Keep up the good work, everyone.

From Sarah Thompson's FB page, it seems legit -

First post - "Women's Post has the video! Just trying to get our video server embedded...releasing it tomorrow at noon."

Second post - Will be on www.womenspost.ca at noon.

Does Sarah Thompson have the financial means to have swooped in and bought the video? That would be hilarious if it is THE video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back