News   May 14, 2024
 113     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 293     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Ford might have a big mouth and at times is his own worst enemy but therre is something to the issue of whether we can or should allow another million people to relocate here while we have serious problems now.
So where do you come up with these numbers? There's no plan to add one million people to the city of Toronto. Isn't it only 500,000 in over 20 years?

Why do make stuff up?

Then let me rephrase this.

A million plus more people being added to the GTA area. Either way, efforts are being made to somehow get another million people into the region and there are those who are seriously questioning if we can even handle this properly. We already have problems maintaining our currecnt infrastructure and now there's expectations of another million people coming to this region.

Who in their right mind thinks we can just grow the population like this and there won't be serious issues regarding resources and sustainability?

Last edited:
You must have forgotten how the GTA handled the last few millions - you build new infrastructure,. Besides, by modern standards 1M isn't that many to handle - even in the Canadian context. By saying that the GTA can't even handle going from what, 6 to 7M or so in 20 years is like saying that none of the urban megaplexes in North America, let alone Europe and Asia can theoretically exist.

And tkip, I would be a lot more convinced if this talk about resources and sustainability is from the individual who is hiistorically supportive of attempts to deal with them at a city policy level. That hasn't proven to me to be the case.

AoD

Last edited:
There are no "plans" to add 1 million people to the GTA over the next decade, only predictions that this growth may occur. For anyone who doesn't understand the difference between plan and prediction please consult with a dictionary.

So where do you come up with these numbers? There's no plan to add one million people to the city of Toronto. Isn't it only 500,000 in over 20 years?

Why do make stuff up?

Most of those people will not be going into the City of Toronto, but are being forced into the 905 because of availability of homes. However, most will try to go into the city itself, the city being first choice.

Most of those people will not be going into the City of Toronto, but are being forced into the 905 because of availability of homes. However, most will try to go into the city itself, the city being first choice.

How do you know that Toronto, not the 905, will be their first choice? Just what is going to 'force' them to move to the 905?

Ok, so lying about past arrests, public displays of bigotry and generally being a buffoon didn't hurt Ford. In the 3rd straight day of bad news for Ford, TheStar reveals that he's been inappropriately handling money. This goes against his main argument of being the candidate who you can trust your money with.

If this doesn't marginalize Ford's campaign to only a handful of nut jobs, I don't know what will.

TheStar: Integrity commissioner slams Ford over charity solicitations

Ford claims he doesn't understand what he did wrong. He used the city of Toronto letterhead to raise funds for his own charity and he sees nothing wrong with that. Hey, maybe he doesn't get it. How long has this guy been in politics? You would think he would know the basic rules. If he can't understand the simple things, what makes people believe he will understand more complex legal issues and as well as ethical ones?

yes, its been quite entertaining tuning into the evening news each day this week for the latest Ford screw up... how many more days can he keep it up? This latest ethics matter perfectly mirrors the Federal Conservative infrastructure financing scandal where they presented ceremonial funding cheques bearing the Conservative logo... man, politics is disgusting.

and p.s. - ignorance of the rules is no defense ... for a politician, even more so than for say - a minor traffic offence.

Ok, so lying about past arrests, public displays of bigotry and generally being a buffoon didn't hurt Ford. In the 3rd straight day of bad news for Ford, TheStar reveals that he's been inappropriately handling money. This goes against his main argument of being the candidate who you can trust your money with.

If this doesn't marginalize Ford's campaign to only a handful of nut jobs, I don't know what will.

TheStar: Integrity commissioner slams Ford over charity solicitations

Another SNAFU for Rob Ford...

Situation Normal, All Forded Up.

^ Of course his supporters will just say TheStar and his opponents are just out to get him.
Ford's ship is sinking so quickly, I'm surprised that he still has anyone who would vocalize support at this stage.

Surely anyone who vocally supports him now, will have absolutly zero credibility for the rest of the election. I'm assumiing he will have to drop out.

And I'm assuming that there will be more to come, now that the floodgates have started to open.

Perhaps we should start a pool on what the next Rob Ford scandal will be. We've had pretty much everything now except sex, murder, and organize crime.

It's funny how someone so interested in law and order is least interested in practicing it - to the point of arguing he is a) the sole judge of what is proper and b) blantantly and knowingly violating them. H word strikes again.

AoD

Back