News   Jul 12, 2024
 871     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 779     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 327     0 

Rob Ford wants to terminate the "War on Cars"....

Cities around the world do not agree with Rob Ford. Here's a video on streetcars from Cincinnati:

[video=vimeo;6727365]http://vimeo.com/6727365[/video]

I wasn't aware that NY, Boston, Chicago, Paris, London, Tokyo, Montreal were all converting their subway network over to LRT's. All hail the LRT for it will solve traffic congestion, world hunger, even the grand unifying theory of physics.

Lol! I just don't understand how they're building streetcars for 5 or 6 times less than Toronto! Oh well, as long as it solves world hunger and grand unifying theory of physics, it's all good!!

The plan for Cincinatti looks like a monorail type tram line in mixed traffic. That's why it's so cheap to build. Cincinatti's downtown core is dead. Bringing back the trams that once plied those roads may incite some redevelopment and bring back some residents to the desolate areas. Toronto's vibrant city core is directly attributed for the trams we have on all the major downtown streets. They are slow, and inefficient but they are charming, and bring character to our downtown neighbourhoods that would otherwise be downtown ghettos. Instead, they're gentrifying and becoming hot new areas of where to live (Liberty Village, Queen West, St. Lawrence).

I hope Cincinatti brings back their trams.

As for Toronto. I sincerely hope Ford doesn't end up winning. I'm unsure about Rossi. I think Smitherman may be our best choice (from a craptastic list of candidates).

In that video did I hear her say they built 9 miles of track for $159m? That sounds pretty affordable.

Is that Smitherman's campaign slogan "Best of a Bad Bunch"?

I'm guessing Rob Ford wouldn't be joining the cyclist rally at Queen's Park for a three-foot passing legislation.

See Spacing Toronto for the article.

This comes on the heels of the deaths of three cyclists who where killed on a highway in Quebec, as well as two separate instances where a 57-year-old Quebec man, and a 17-year-old were killed by motorists.

Do cyclists realize how much they sound like born-again christians with their holier than thou bullshit?

"You are a testament to a new world, a world with better air, a world safer for people, both health-wise and environment-wise, and a world where we share the roads, we don’t hog the roads,” DiNovo said.

All hail High Priestess! Lead me to the promised land! Get a grip, lady.

Do cyclists realize how much they sound like born-again christians with their holier than thou bullshit?

"You are a testament to a new world, a world with better air, a world safer for people, both health-wise and environment-wise, and a world where we share the roads, we don’t hog the roads,” DiNovo said.

She is an ordained United Church minister, so that might be where that comes from.

And the ads for cars "buy this mazda convertable and you'll get girls way out of your league" are so much better, right?

And the ads for cars "buy this mazda convertable and you'll get girls way out of your league" are so much better, right?
Relatively speaking, yeah! Car ads don't sound like born agains -- they're just stupid like most other ads.

Intead, car ads just make drivers sound like frat boy neanderthals. Guess if you try hard enough you can find stereotypes on both sides ;-)

why all the focus on bikes , i love to ride my bike for pleasure in the summertime ,but the real issuse is wasteful spending of our tax dollars this election , your never gonna have a great public transit system if they keep wasting our money like Miller did. if we keep electing the same idiots nothing will ever get done and their only solution will be to increase your property tax and add more crazy car fees etc....

Toronto's debt problem will effect all of us , doesn't matter if you live in condo downtown or in a house in the suburbs

rob ford has my vote

why all the focus on bikes , i love to ride my bike for pleasure in the summertime ,but the real issuse is wasteful spending of our tax dollars this election , your never gonna have a great public transit system if they keep wasting our money like Miller did. if we keep electing the same idiots nothing will ever get done and their only solution will be to increase your property tax and add more crazy car fees etc....

Toronto's debt problem will effect all of us , doesn't matter if you live in condo downtown or in a house in the suburbs

rob ford has my vote

Stop quoting the Toronto Sun. Rob Ford has no idea how to be a councilor, let alone run a city.

Last edited:

Back