News   Jul 15, 2024
 176     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 620     1 

Rob Ford and the Toronto Consensus

I'm wondering why people keep bringing up John Tory in these discussions. The guy had some odd ideas in his last campaign, he's never won a high profile election, and worst of all, he supported Ford! I don't get the love for the guy.

Listen to his show between 4-7pm over a period of tim

The city suburbs don't WANT a fiscal conservative. They want someone who'll subsidise inefficient anti-market suburban lifestyles in the hollow name of fiscal responsibility.

Agree.

Dalton McGuinty is the most fiscally responsible politician out there:

Strongly disagree. None of the provincial leaders are fiscally responsible. But the Moody's downgrade of Ontario may help bring about some as bond yields are Ontario's debt will start putting serious pressure on the province's finances as the province is forced to take on and refinance its debt.

The inner city of Toronto needs nothing short of an authoritarian government that'll cut through the red tape to provide us with the world-class public realm we deserve due to our immense productivity and enhanced efficiency through density.

Sounds like you're looking for China. I hear they're good at this sort of thing.

Strongly disagree. None of the provincial leaders are fiscally responsible. But the Moody's downgrade of Ontario may help bring about some as bond yields are Ontario's debt will start putting serious pressure on the province's finances as the province is forced to take on and refinance its debt.

Conservatives and NDP want to subsidise gas prices and/or lower energy prices artificially. Those sorts of horrible populist measures would do more damage to Ontario's future than anything McGuinty has done.

By raising taxes and energy prices the province is responsibly reducing environmental damage and providing the people of Ontario with the best healthcare and education out of any Canadian province.

Not all he's done has worked out that smoothly, but out of the three he is the only one offering a coherent plan.

Sounds like you're looking for China. I hear they're good at this sort of thing.

I'm looking for someone who'll govern for people and not for spaces of land. Vast suburban wastelands get much more service per capita than dense downtown neighbourhoods for no reason other than the fact people there live less efficiently.

I demand neighbourhoods get a budget allocated on a per-capita basis.

Back