News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Roads: 403/401/410 Interchange (MTO)

Heading eastbound yesterday on the 401 from Mavis, collector lanes are ready to open east of Mavis.

Saw no change to the Hurontario signs for Dixie & 410 for info for the 403 ramp.

The next sign has black cloth over 403 ramp info in small letters. The sign at the split for 410 & 403 has a blue sign cover up in black for 403 ramp.

Crews working on the northbound 403 ramp to the 401 W. Some of the hold up is the work on the bridges for both 403 directions.

They have diverted the traffic on 401 East of EM onto the new collectors. The express lanes are closed. Only one express lane is open near Mavis. Its was a parking lot today. If there is no construction planned during the winter months what is the point of creating chaos. On top they have opened a WB collector from Mavis which is hardly being used. This has caused a major slowdown all the way to the EM due to merging traffic.

This is one of the slowest and worst highway expansion projects ever initiated.

They have diverted the traffic on 401 East of EM onto the new collectors. The express lanes are closed. Only one express lane is open near Mavis. Its was a parking lot today. If there is no construction planned during the winter months what is the point of creating chaos. On top they have opened a WB collector from Mavis which is hardly being used. This has caused a major slowdown all the way to the EM due to merging traffic.

This is one of the slowest and worst highway expansion projects ever initiated.

Won't the removal of the existing Fletcher's Creek culvert be done in the winter (where the existing/express lanes are now)? Construction of the new bridges would also start in the winter.

A new Hwy on the west side of Brampton might help a bit. Getting the 427 extension to near Bolton done might help more. The new HOV lane on 410 should definitely have gone up at least to Bovaird. In fact, there could be an additional lane right up to Mayfield Rd. With all the residential sprawl planned and being built right now, the province shouldn’t wait too long.

It’s too late to “expressway” the Bovaird corridor, which at one time might have been ideal but Brampton could use an east-west expressway from Mississauga Rd to the 427 extension. The planned GTA west Hwy is too far north (and west) to be useful to most commuting Brampton residents.

Held a press conference about it and everything:

https://www.caledonenterprise.com/n...est-corridor-in-visit-to-caledon-gas-station/

For those not familiar, the plan is for a ~50km new highway from the 401/407 interchange north around Brampton to the 400 near King City, passing south under Bolton. It would feature direct freeway connections to both the 427 and the 410.
It was planned by the Liberals for ~10 years and then dropped in the lead up to the election - suspiciously indicating that it was the right thing to do but cancelled for politics.

northwest-gta-corridor-identification.jpg

Held a press conference about it and everything:

https://www.caledonenterprise.com/n...est-corridor-in-visit-to-caledon-gas-station/

For those not familiar, the plan is for a ~50km new highway from the 401/407 interchange north around Brampton to the 400 near King City, passing south under Bolton. It would feature direct freeway connections to both the 427 and the 410.
And would be a huge relief in Brampton.....people in North Brampton heading west on 401 would no longer have to travel south on 410 to get to 407 or 401......people all over Brampton headed to the north (cottage country or beyond) would no longer have to head south first to either the 401 or 407 to go east to the 400 just to go north again!

...people all over Brampton headed to the north (cottage country or beyond) would no longer have to head south first to either the 401 or 407 to go east to the 400 just to go north again!
I must confess I haven't done that trip since before they built the 407. But even then, I'd head down Queen Street/7 to either Highway 27 or Highway 400, rather than head down to the 401!

Surely these days people would use 407 or head across country, rather head south to the 401, which is neither particularly short, or fast much of the time.

I must confess I haven't done that trip since before they built the 407. But even then, I'd head down Queen Street/7 to either Highway 27 or Highway 400, rather than head down to the 401!

Surely these days people would use 407 or head across country, rather head south to the 401, which is neither particularly short, or fast much of the time.
North brampton to the 400 suggests this:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/43.7...208,-79.8046707,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e0

If you are west of 410 the suggested route is almost always 410 south to 407 to 400......with the 2nd choice being to the 401 (to avoid tolls) to the 401.

Point being....from, say, Bovaird and Kennedy you would now go north on 410 to the new highway and east to the 400.....the 410/407 or 401/400 get relief in their busiest sections.

And would be a huge relief in Brampton.....people in North Brampton heading west on 401 would no longer have to travel south on 410 to get to 407 or 401......people all over Brampton headed to the north (cottage country or beyond) would no longer have to head south first to either the 401 or 407 to go east to the 400 just to go north again!

If the province plans to toll the new highway, expect a lot of those drivers to continue taking the 401 anyway so that they don't have to pay anything.

If the province plans to toll the new highway, expect a lot of those drivers to continue taking the 401 anyway so that they don't have to pay anything.
Your right, I had totally forgotten that no one uses the 407 ;)

Back