News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 646     0 

Riverside Towns (was Leslieville Lofts, Hyde Pk/Lamb Dev, 140-162 Broadview, 3s, ?)COMPLETE

The gist was that Lamb complained that if the City were serious about increasing density, and the spirit of the Avenues plan, then this was the perfect building for that. He couldn't understand why this building was considered outsized for the site.

Not to sound like a a$$ but can we update the title to use the correct Canadian spelling of Cancelled please? :D

I have to agree it was a little high for the site. My son goes to daycare across the street, and from the roof top playground would have been a great place to take progress shots from. I think 5-6 would have been more appropriate, they could have probably gone to nine if the site was a bit deeper and they could have set back the top 4 floors.

Since it tanked I have to say that Brad J Lamb is the worst land lord in the nabe. Trash is piling high and the site is a mess. not to mention one of the 4-5 houses to the north on broadview is a new and improved crack den, thankfully they seem to be particular to the darker hours of the night.

Daily Commercial News

Looks like Brad Lamb hasn't given up on this site yet and is in fact planning for 90 units of 3 storey stacked townhomes on the former Leslieville Lofts site ~ :)

TOWNHOUSE DEVELOPMENT
Proj: 9091662-3

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED

134-162 Broadview Ave, Queen St E, M4K

$14,000,000 est

Note: The Owner is currently reviewing conceptual plans and will officially appoint an Architect by late Fall 2009. Formal design, working drawings and construction schedules are undetermined. Further update in Nov/Dec 2009. Website: www.lambdevcorp.com

Project: reinforced concrete foundation, 02240; site preparation, 02315; excavation, proposed construction of 90+/- stacked townhouse development; number of blocks is undefined & bldgs will be likely three-stys.

Scope: 126,000 square feet; 3 storeys; 90 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Tue Oct 28, 2008. Last report Wed Mar 18, 2009.

This report Fri Jul 31, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=26273109c5f595078e34368abe4d176ae461619f&projectid=9091662&region=ontario

^ ^ ^

that's odd considering he's still listing 162 broadview for sale independently.

Brad Lamb gets a government bailout? Even in Canada it happens!

makes you wonder, considering there's already a Green P lot just across the street on the east side of Broadview.

on another topic ... have they cleared all the fixtures from the presentation center? when will the razing begin?

Back