News   Jul 15, 2024
 209     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 519     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     1 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

In Sun today, S-A Levy:

Nine minutes into an emergency North York community council meeting at lunchtime Monday, Cllr. David Shiner moved that a new street in his ward be named “Karen’s Way.”

The street, which runs east to west between Rean Dr. and Barberry Pl., is located in his Willowdale ward.

A majority of lemmings on the NYCC — Maria Augimeri, Denzil Minnan-Wong, Frances Nunziata, Josh Colle and of course Shiner– supported the motion without question.

While the cost is not an issue — it’s about $500 to create a new street sign — the choice of name is.

While sources tell me Shiner would not confirm who the “Karen” is in “Karen’s Way,” I might note that Karen Wood was Shiner’s executive assistant for many years at City Hall (I was there when she worked for him and found her to be a nice lady) — until she became his life partner.

Frances Nunziata is part of Etobicoke - York Community council so not sure how she would have been there or able to vote?

Quite an interview with Glenn De Baeremaeker. He tells @DavidNickle that in hindsight, he never should have supported the one-stop Scarborough subway that he and Mayor John Tory spent the past three years defending, calling it a compromise and a "mistake."

The rats are jumping the ship as the real costs come home to roost- every choice made on the Scarborough subway has been a bad one (not choosing the RT corridor, removing stations, etc.).

But anyways - De Baeremaeker:

emot-byewhore.gif

What a gutless pig! All this time he has been fighting other councillors for something he doesn't believe in and now that he knows his career is over he admits he was wrong. Where was he when his vote mattered?

The best part is his reason for quitting the scene is because he has less chance of winning.

What power-lusting rat.

Back