News   Jul 16, 2024
 265     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 484     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 605     2 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

I just came here to post the same. Though I'm kind of surprised that councillors would say things like this about each other in public.

I know. It surprised me too. The level of frustration must have been high.

Civility has its' limits, and I am not at all sure why anyone should be bound by it dealing with someone who just wouldn't follow the rules.

AoD

The BBC has a short piece on obscure words. http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20180425-twelve-obscure-words-with-delightful-meanings

One is Mamamouchi. The definition is really suitable for 'our Mammo".

mamamouchi n. A pompous title, from that supposed to have been conferred by the Sultan on M. Jourdain in Molière's play, ‘Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme’; hence, one who takes such a title; an ostentatious, self-important, and ridiculous pretender.

Paul Ainslie, who is the ward 43 councillor but put forward a motion to have a bus go down to Bluffers Park in Crawford's ward 36, isn't invited to the inaugural run of the bus this Sunday. I hope this link works:

https://www.facebook.com/BluffsTo/posts/2052755658347389

If it doesn't, it's a post from Crawford saying how happy he is that he and Tory will be on the first run. The person running the board said he hoped Ainslie would be invited since it was his idea. He replied that he wasn't invited. I remember when we had the ice storm in 2013, Ainslie was helping people in his ward as well as other wards. I had friends in 36 who had no power for a week and Ainslie was the one that helped get power back on their street.

I think I loathe De Baeremaeker as much as Mammoliti

At least with Mammolitti you know that he is dumb enough to believe the positions he is stating.

With De Baeremaeker you know he knows better and is just purely politicking and lying through his teeth. I don't think there is an Ontario politician that blatantly lies as frequently as Glen De Baeremaeker.

I think I loathe De Baeremaeker as much as Mammoliti

At least with Mammolitti you know that he is dumb enough to believe the positions he is stating.

With De Baeremaeker you know he knows better and is just purely politicking and lying through his teeth. I don't think there is an Ontario politician that blatantly lies as frequently as Glen De Baeremaeker.

I am so disgusted by him. He's lying because he knows people will likely vote him in anyway.

newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott
2 hours ago
Deputy Mayor Stephen Holyday rises to say he will not support the TOCore plan for downtown Toronto. He is concerned about what the plan will mean for people from outside downtown travelling in via car.
That’s great! It saves time! I had no idea there was a TOCore plan but now I know I’m totally for it and I don’t have to read it.

Boy, Tory really has incredibly bad taste in Deputy Mayors (the official ones). Did he promise to cut down some trees for Holyday if he votes along 'party' lines?

Back