News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 947     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Sure, with amalgamation the core generates a disproportionate share of the tax dollars while being dictated to by a bunch of moronic suburban councillors whose vision of city building begins and ends with the automobile. What's not to like if you live in North York or Etobicoke? But what's to like for any of us who live in the old City? Yeah, I know, Metro used to be a thing but that doesn't mean it's the only alternative to this amalgamated monstrosity.

JFC.

upload_2017-7-10_10-21-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-10_10-21-56.png
    upload_2017-7-10_10-21-56.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 260
Instead of looking after the public good, these Councillors are looking for their own.

From The Star, at this link:

New Toronto ward boundaries that would achieve voter parity being challenged by councillors at the OMB

Whether new ward boundaries will be in place for the 2018 municipal election will hinge on OMB hearing dates.

Two city councillors are challenging a redrawing of ward boundaries in a move that could put at risk Toronto council’s desire to have new wards in place for the 2018 municipal election.

Both Councillor Justin Di Ciano (Ward 5, Etobicoke Lakeshore) and Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti (Ward 7, York West) have officially appealed a bylaw, that would redraw ward boundaries and bring the number of wards to 47 from 44, at the Ontario Municipal Board, the Star has learned...

Instead of looking after the public good, these Councillors are looking for their own.

While I'm not on board with their argument, I'm not onboard with adding more people to council either.
The majority of options presented were to decrease or maintain the number of wards.

More from Ed Keenan in the Star:

Councillors efforts to derail ward realignments undermines democracy in Toronto: Keenan
Councillors Justin Di Ciano and Giorgio Mammoliti are fighting against voter equity for thousands of Torontonians.

See: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...s-undermines-democracy-in-toronto-keenan.html

Of the Gruesome Twosome, Mammo did actually vote against the Review, Justin was not there!

I always got a shady vibe from Di Ciano. He put in $20,000 of his own money into his election campaign and has close ties to the development industry. He and Grimes are joined at the hip (they are council seat mates and their wards border each other) and Grimes has a history of suspect dealings.

Di Ciano paints himself as a progressive and I believe he's a Liberal Party member - he helped found the Jean Augustine Centre for Women and is apparently a LGBT rights advocate, but his council antics are pure suburban centre-right.

Mammo being Mammo this morning:

upload_2017-8-21_11-2-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-21_11-2-33.png
    upload_2017-8-21_11-2-33.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 226

Back