Reunion Crossing (Diamond Kilmer) - Real Estate -

New update posted on website:

I hope they can delay the occupancy to the end of next year, by then the interest rate might be much lower then now

I hope they can delay the occupancy to the end of next year, by then the interest rate might be much lower then now
That's never going to happen 😅. Just lock in a variable rate or short-term fixed rate. Short-term pain. Still not too bad, since I think the value of what was purchased in 2019 is still higher than the current market value for similar units.

We don't have to worry about mortage and interest rate until we close. And we probably won't close until end of next year or early 2024

We don't have to worry about mortage and interest rate until we close. And we probably won't close until end of next year or early 2024
You think so?... I wish there was a way to know how long the interim occupancy will last, apparently it could be anything between two months and two years.

You think so?... I wish there was a way to know how long the interim occupancy will last, apparently it could be anything between two months and two years.
Interim occupancy and closing can technically happen at the same time, although there is usually a few weeks or months between the two dates. I would be surprised if it takes very long in this case. I expect closing will be shortly after interim occupancy. Our interim occupancy is end of April. It looks like the townhomes/mid-rise are all getting done around the same time. All that would be left is the landscaping. Their incentive is to close as quickly as possible, and I am planning for closing to happen shortly after interim occupancy.

Interim occupancy and closing can technically happen at the same time, although there is usually a few weeks or months between the two dates. I would be surprised if it takes very long in this case. I expect closing will be shortly after interim occupancy. Our interim occupancy is end of April. It looks like the townhomes/mid-rise are all getting done around the same time. All that would be left is the landscaping. Their incentive is to close as quickly as possible, and I am planning for closing to happen shortly after interim occupancy.
I actually planned for the opposite -- a longer interim occupancy.
Imo, the shorter the interim occupancy, the better it is for us. Because the rent payment to builder will likely have the current mortgage rates built in, so I doubt it will be any less monthly payment compared to after we close. Whereas after we close, at least we will get to pay down part of our principal (however little lol).
I did an 18-month lock on a 3-year fixed rate in case interim occupancy is longer than expected, so I don't risk scrambling for a new (and potentially higher) rate lock.
Happy to hear your thoughts.

so my tentative occupancy was delayed to March 30 2023 earlier this year; and then last night I got a FIRM occupancy e-mail saying that they need a bit more time and pushed it to April 3rd 2023 (lol like 3 days later) - they mentioned that in the new year I'll get my e-mail to schedule my PDI - i'm on the 9th floor if that makes a difference

so my tentative occupancy was delayed to March 30 2023 earlier this year; and then last night I got a FIRM occupancy e-mail saying that they need a bit more time and pushed it to April 3rd 2023 (lol like 3 days later) - they mentioned that in the new year I'll get my e-mail to schedule my PDI - i'm on the 9th floor if that makes a difference

Thank you for sharing this! Considering that they are most likely going bottom to top, there must be dozens of people (who are not on this forum :) who got their dates.

There is a handful of us who constantly monitor this thread lol. We should create a WhatsApp group and coordinate a housewarming party after we all move in lol

Edit: I created a WhatsApp group for us new owners. Please DM me if interested to join.

Last edited:

Back