News   May 10, 2024
 361     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 444     0 

Restaurants near Yonge and Dundas

Memph

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm a coop student at Atrium on Bay and on Fridays I go out for lunch with other coops. I'm from Oakville, so I'm not familiar with the dining scene in Toronto and was hoping to try some international cuisine. We've been to several East Asian (mostly Korean and Japanese) restaurants, so I'd like to try something different. Maybe Kabab Grill at Bay and Gerrard?

I'm looking for a sit-down restaurant, preferably in the $10-20 range. Ideally, it should be within walking distance of Yonge and Dundas, but I might consider something a bit further, especially if it's reachable by subway. Any suggestions?

There are nice restaurants on Elm street but that's beyond your $10-020 range. What about Spadina Garden NW corner Bay & Dundas, Baton Rouge Eaton Centre, there are a ton of cheap neat places in the Grange Food Court at Dundas just West of University - try that its perfect at your stated range. Fun spot too.

I'm a coop student at Atrium on Bay and on Fridays I go out for lunch with other coops. I'm from Oakville, so I'm not familiar with the dining scene in Toronto and was hoping to try some international cuisine. We've been to several East Asian (mostly Korean and Japanese) restaurants, so I'd like to try something different. Maybe Kabab Grill at Bay and Gerrard?

I'm looking for a sit-down restaurant, preferably in the $10-20 range. Ideally, it should be within walking distance of Yonge and Dundas, but I might consider something a bit further, especially if it's reachable by subway. Any suggestions?

Downtown it's mostly 'Asian' (all kinds). You'll have to venture out just a bit more if you want to diversify things a bit. You can just go by the different areas, or villages, etc. For example, Greek Town is between Broadview and Pape Station (right on the subway line). Little Italy is College West (accessible by the College St streetcar), Chinatown is Spadina from Queen north to College, Little India is in the Gerrard East area. That's if you want restaurant food. Food courts are available, of course, in Eaton Centre, that other mall across the street with the AMC in it, etc.

There are nice restaurants on Elm street but that's beyond your $10-020 range. What about Spadina Garden NW corner Bay & Dundas, Baton Rouge Eaton Centre, there are a ton of cheap neat places in the Grange Food Court at Dundas just West of University - try that its perfect at your stated range. Fun spot too.

I second the Grange Food court. Good prices, mom and pop operations, big portions.

There's not a lot I'd go out of my way to eat around the Yonge-Dundas area, the only exceptions I can think of is Red Lobster (I love seafood so much I'll settle for it), Salad King and Chipotle. There are some great, well established restaurants on Elm Street and further west on Dundas. I can vouch for Spadina Garden, great food that's a little pricey for Chinese fare but it's got good atmosphere and they deliver all throughout downtown but they close early which sucks.

Salad King (Thai food - above Footlocker on Yonge/Gould)
Kenzo (Jap Ramen noodles - dundas/bay)
Queen & Beaver (British pub food - elm street)

Back