News   Sep 26, 2024
 283     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 821     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 583     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

I was just thinking about Kalendar... my wife and I had our first date there, and our 25th anniversary is coming up next year! Now that I live in the west end, I pass by that corner somewhat frequently.
I always wanted to take someone there on a date. Looked like one of the most romantic places in the whole city whenever I passed by. Unfortunately I was never able to make that desire a reality.

I always wanted to take someone there on a date. Looked like one of the most romantic places in the whole city whenever I passed by. Unfortunately I was never able to make that desire a reality.

I've only been there once for brunch and from what I recall the interiors were a mix of old world and whimsical. Sort of like something you'd see in Edinburgh and hosted by a quirky restaurant operator.

That was the one and only time I have been there, and I think that’s accurate. I was from a small town, so it seemed extremely sophisticated to me.

I've only been there once for brunch and from what I recall the interiors were a mix of old world and whimsical. Sort of like something you'd see in Edinburgh and hosted by a quirky restaurant operator.
Such a shame a memorable place like that bit the dust. That's what I love about Europe - people are less trend obsessed and many shops and restaurants continue virtually unchanged for decades. I find that continuity very comforting. Toronto is so exhausting where so many things constantly change. I've lived here my whole life, and there's virtually nothing I recognize about it still from my childhood in the 80's. It's stressful.

Just on that stretch of College, there are quite a few places that have been there at least since I moved to Toronto, which is almost 25 years ago now.

But many countries in Europe have commercial tenant protections that make it more difficult for a landlord to evict a small business without compensation, even at the end of a lease.

"The velvet-laden 120-seat cocktail bar perched on the mezzanine level of Waterworks has been serving up expertly crafted cocktails and downright nerdy water (more on that later) since the end of July. In comparison to Civil Liberties, the bar Nick Kennedy and David Huynh opened almost a decade ago, Civil Works embraces a polished, urban sophistication while still capturing the Civil team’s signature creativity and warmth."

Reactions: PL1
There will be another "Paris Baguette" opening in Midtown Toronto at 2395 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4P 2E7

I guess midtown is tryna be the next downtown without the nightlife o_O o_O o_O

Also the high gross net lease for retail without the foot traffic of downtown and seem like it's dead quiet after 9PM...

I think Yonge and Eglinton is now the single busiest intersection in the city for pedestrians?

I can't verify the source, but this was tweeted today by Walk_TO with a mention of Matt Elliott's newsletter (which I don't subscribe to).

1726604566658.png

Back