News   Jul 16, 2024
 391     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 636     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Il Fresco (previously Bistro 243) at King and Sherbourne has closed. Ardo Restaurant will open in its place, featuring Sicilian cuisine from Chef Roberto Marotta.

Wild Burger on Mount Pleasant has shuttered. They still have their Whitby location.

Agreed. In fact I was there two nights before it closed. As I live at Manulife my options for a pint after a walk home are Mullins (not bad but always crowded), Bloor Street Diner (convenient but pricey), Artful Dodger (great place), Firkin on Bloor (bleh, almost makes me miss the Spotted Dick), Duke of Gloucester (hive of scum and villainy), or Burg's (formerly Burgundy's: see Duke of Gloucester). To paraphrase Northrop Frye, the Foxes Den was a good bar to mind your own business.

Nandos Chicken is opening their second downtown location on West Queen West.

Going in on 741 Queen Street West (Queen/Palmerston) where Destingo used to be. Hope they take advantage of that massive patio out front.

'Quantum Burger' is replacing the HERO Burger at Queen and Spadina.

Was hoping for something a bit more interesting. How many burger joints can Queen Street have?

'Quantum Burger' is replacing the HERO Burger at Queen and Spadina.

Was hoping for something a bit more interesting. How many burger joints can Queen Street have?
Anything replacing a Hero Burger is fine by me.

Back