560     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1Z7

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 278640 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Dec 17, 2013

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display signs **Mevame Kitchen Express**

A "Tim Horton's Coffee House" (???) has just opened on University, a few shops south of Adelaide. West side. I think the place used to be a Mega Wraps or something.

Is this a new concept store meant to compete better with Starbucks, Timothy's, Second Cup, etc?

Walked by it today, and it caught my eye. Has a fireplace, a couple of "cozy" (at a stretch) chairs. I expect it's a new "urban concept" or something. It's still a Tim's though.

Walked by it today, and it caught my eye. Has a fireplace, a couple of "cozy" (at a stretch) chairs. I expect it's a new "urban concept" or something. It's still a Tim's though.

The location at Bathurst and Dundas has similarly been renovated. I sometimes grab a coffee there when changing streetcars and noticed the fireplace and seating.

Probably similar to the new concept Tim Hortons in the states under the 'Cafe & Bake Shop' brand.

It's testing well in the states, so I think Tim's is pushing a more clean store design to Canada. Here's the flagship Tims in Leaside.

Final-interior%20fireplace%20nook.jpg

Final-counter%20map.jpg

All Tim Hortons in the U.S. are under the Cafe & Bake Shop banner, from whatever new concept they might be testing to the skanky counter in the concourse at Penn Station.

Yep. Just a matter of time before the Canadian locations switch over to the "Cafe & Bake Shop" banner.

They also need to improve their baked goods - they have never recovered from their move to a central bakery. Fresh? I think not!
Ya, I got a blueberry muffin there while waiting for a train at Union Station. The inside was half raw. Ew! Had to spit it out.

Yep. Just a matter of time before the Canadian locations switch over to the "Cafe & Bake Shop" banner.

I don't think that will happen. I think "Cafe & Bake Shop" was to tell Americans who were otherwise unfamiliar with the brand what it is. Canadians are already familiar and there's no need to water down the brand with additional text.

I don't think that will happen. I think "Cafe & Bake Shop" was to tell Americans who were otherwise unfamiliar with the brand what it is. Canadians are already familiar and there's no need to water down the brand with additional text.

I agree, and that's my understanding as well. Gabe, where did you hear this?

The new one on Dundas had "coffee house" on it. The new one in Liberty Village I don't believe has anything beyond the standard Tim Horton's although it also features a fireplace.

Back