News   Jul 15, 2024
 579     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 739     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 599     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Taqueria on Yonge, south of Bloor is gone...saw signs for "Miss Korea" up. Kind of sudden, no? I guess moving to a much larger space from Cumberland Terrace was a bad move for them.

Very unrelated but; I took a walk through Cumberland Terrace ... first time in a very long time ... its not doing as bad as I thought !! Particularly given the way most peole describe it, there isn't much for lease at all, now the mall it self is ugly as ...

I did something similar on Spadina: Dragon Center + the even larger mall (where the super 8 is located), the food center in the larger mall is all but abandoned but they're both not doing too be to be honest, maybe 70%-80% full (bad for a mall, also I thought they'd be much worse).

I knew Timmy's would eventually make their way down here.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 242333 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 26, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: To complete interior alterations to a portion of the ground floor (293 m2) (SE corner of ground floor) to create a Tim Hortons with a private outdoor patio. CONVENIENCE ADDRESS: 150 FORT YORK BLVD

Bar Buca which is going in at the base of 75 Portland condo should be ready in a month. Their Four Seasons restaurant probably won't be open until early 2014.

South St Burger Co and Dairy Queen (Yonge St, North York)

They are building a new South St Burger beside the Jack Astor's on Yonge between Elmwood and Hillcrest (the old DeBoer's building). Hopefully they open soon... :cool:

Also, there had been a sign indicating that the Dairy Queen would be moving from their corner location at Yonge and Elmwood to a new spot directly beside South St. But today when I walked by there was no indication of this at all. Maybe they changed their mind?

They are building a new South St Burger beside the Jack Astor's on Yonge between Elmwood and Hillcrest (the old DeBoer's building). Hopefully they open soon... :cool:

The South St. on Bay at Temperance is taking its time. Sign still says "Opening this summer." Wish they'd hurry up--I quite like their burgers.

Real Jerk on Carlaw and Gerrard is open. Looks so sedate compared to that brightly painted old bank building at Queen and Broadview.

I tried Kritamos, the new fish restaurant and rotisserie in the old Wimpy's location on Danforth. Excellent.

Taco Bell/KFC near Yonge/Charles (south of Yonge/Bloor) is closed for renovations. There is a big graphic on the windows saying "something fresh is coming from KFC"

I really hope its KFC's new concept KFC Eleven.

Taco Bell/KFC near Yonge/Charles (south of Yonge/Bloor) is closed for renovations. There is a big graphic on the windows saying "something fresh is coming from KFC"

I really hope its KFC's new concept KFC Eleven.
I hope it's a regular KFC. I hate that the closest KFC to me doesn't have bone-in chicken :(.

I hope it's a regular KFC. I hate that the closest KFC to me doesn't have bone-in chicken :(.

The new KFC Eleven stores don't sell bone-in chicken! They say the new generation 25 and younger, grew up with more "tenders" and "boneless chicken". Heck, even when I get wings I ALWAYS get boneless.

Is Vittorio's on the Avenue gone? Walked by this afternoon and the windows were boarded up. That spot is SERIOUSLY CURSED. I think three restaurants (including Vittorio's) have been there in the past four years.

Some sort of new eatery drinker coming to Scotia Plaza - Speakeasy #21 or something. Not very original with the number 21 in it, but there it is.

Back