News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 605     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Does anyone know who's behind CKTL & Co – opening soon at 330 Bay Street.
There is a "Toronto is getting" article in BlogTO about it. It's a bit odd: "Prices of items like appetizers and drinks should rise and fall in real time according to the demand of fellow visitors to the bar, using software that's supposed to imitate the stock exchange by creating a dynamic pricing system that's constantly changing." Which is what dynamic means, but anyway.

I haven't tried it yet but Beertown has opened at 1020 Islington - the former Artisano Bakery Cafe referenced in post https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/restaurant-comings-goings.8819/page-207#post-1656087
Been twice... honestly disappointed in service and food quality.
I've been to Beertown back in Waterloo/London when they first opened.
Maybe it was since they were just opening but both times, not too impressed.
Great beer menu and decent cocktails now but food was lacking.

Been twice... honestly disappointed in service and food quality.
I've been to Beertown back in Waterloo/London when they first opened.
Maybe it was since they were just opening but both times, not too impressed.
Great beer menu and decent cocktails now but food was lacking.
Thanks for the update. I haven't tried a Beertown yet but perhaps I'll give the Islington location a couple of months to smooth out the operation.

I've been to the one at University and Wellington since I work close by. I wouldn't specifically recommend it to anybody for the food, but it's fine. And the beer list is pretty good. One of those places where if you bring a group, everybody will probably be mostly satisfied and nobody will complain too much.

Yup, Welcome to Toronto 2023 🤮

More like welcome to Canada where food innovation is still lagging by 10 years!

Though to be quite frank, I did enjoy the atmosphere at Beertown Waterloo back when I was a student. They do have a unique "Strawberry beer" always available on tap and quite tasty.

I am not sure if Toronto Beertown carries this "strawberry beer" but the only location in all of Toronto that I am aware of is DROM Taberna.
https://www.dromtaberna.com/

If there are any beer enthusiasts in this forum please let me know which eating establishment within the City of Toronto carries "Strawberry Fruli" would be greatly appreciated.

There is a "Toronto is getting" article in BlogTO about it. It's a bit odd: "Prices of items like appetizers and drinks should rise and fall in real time according to the demand of fellow visitors to the bar, using software that's supposed to imitate the stock exchange by creating a dynamic pricing system that's constantly changing." Which is what dynamic means, but anyway.

I feel this stock market restaurant could be a fad. I don't know what it is...I have been seeing a Tiktok video suggesting this whole "stock market" bar.

From an operation point of view, I am still curious to see how would the restaurant manager forecast the week's supply of alcohol and material if the price of drinks fluctuates given the customer's preference & demand.

So during a fake "stock market" crash the price of expensive scotch say a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue Label goes to $1?

Maybe I could be wrong... 🤷‍♀️

Take the survey (opens in new window) or attend a consultation on April 13 or 17 to share your feedback on Toronto’s Night Economy Review. The survey closes April 21.

FYI a public consultation in regarding to Toronto's Night Economy...

The City is hosting public consultations to provide additional opportunities for people to share their ideas.

April 12, 6 – 8 p.m. (Virtual)
(SOLD OUT)

April 13, 6 – 8 p.m. (Virtual)
Register (opens in new window)

April 17, 6 – 8 p.m. Toronto City Hall, Committee Room 2 (In-person)
Register (opens in new window)

I feel this stock market restaurant could be a fad. I don't know what it is...I have been seeing a Tiktok video suggesting this whole "stock market" bar.

From an operation point of view, I am still curious to see how would the restaurant manager forecast the week's supply of alcohol and material if the price of drinks fluctuates given the customer's preference & demand.

So during a fake "stock market" crash the price of expensive scotch say a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue Label goes to $1?

Maybe I could be wrong... 🤷‍♀️
It's a rather silly gimmick, but from the description, it seems to me that they refer to the stock market only as an analogy - prices will vary according to demand. So if 10 people order the burger within 15 minutes and it reaches $45, you might be tempted to choose, say, the vegan quinoa bowl the restaurant needs to sell but few people would want otherwise.

It's a rather silly gimmick, but from the description, it seems to me that they refer to the stock market only as an analogy - prices will vary according to demand. So if 10 people order the burger within 15 minutes and it reaches $45, you might be tempted to choose, say, the vegan quinoa bowl the restaurant needs to sell but few people would want otherwise.

Well I have to see for myself and then I might have a field report after my visit.

Kettleman’s Bagels to open very soon on the north side of Eglinton east of Yonge. Photos taken 10 April.
DC95A6FB-2171-4557-B4F4-3DB51827EE2C.jpeg
BB5D2060-5A3C-4200-8339-7613BA491C48.jpeg

Hopefully, they open in time as a healthier alternative to the Mcdonald's at Yonge & Eglinton. That Mcdonald's has been temporarily closed since the beginning of Feb.

There are lots of healthier alternatives to McDs in the hood now.

Kettleman's will surely be a solid addition.....

Back