News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Nothing wrong with meat that's subject to an extra level of scrutiny imo. They run a mega famous food cart at 53rd and 6th Ave (check the lineup on googlemaps). Over 8,330 Yelp reviews. That's like top 5 most reviewed businesses ever.

Last edited:
My issue with halal meat is the way in which the animal is killed. Not very humane.
Have you seen any of the investigative pieces on 'regular' slaughterhouses?
Not sure that Halal (or Kosher) killing methods are any more "cruel" than killing methods used in a well run regular slaughterhouse. If one does not like to eat something that has been killed then one should probably be a vegetarian.

Have you seen any of the investigative pieces on 'regular' slaughterhouses?
Not sure that Halal (or Kosher) killing methods are any more "cruel" than killing methods used in a well run regular slaughterhouse. If one does not like to eat something that has been killed then one should probably be a vegetarian.

Halal is by far the most barbaric method of slaughtering animals. They believe the more the animals suffers the more tender the meat will be.

Halal is by far the most barbaric method of slaughtering animals. They believe the more the animals suffers the more tender the meat will be.
I really don't want to get into a discussion about the painfulness of halal/kosher slaughter versus 'western slaughter" because I simply do not know but it is clearly untrue to say "They [Muslims, I assume] believe the more the animals suffers the more tender the meat will be" According to several sources (this is from Wiki), The halal method of slaughtering animals consists of using a well-sharpened knife to make a swift, deep incision that cuts the front of the throat, the carotid artery, trachea, and jugular veins. The head of an animal that is slaughtered using halal methods is aligned with the qiblah. In addition to the direction, permitted animals should be slaughtered upon utterance of the Islamic prayer 'Bismillah' "in the name of God". The slaughter must be performed by a Muslim. Blood must be drained from the veins.

Last edited:
I've walked by the Halal Guys in NY at least a several dozen times now. And I still haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet. Mainly because I hate lines. But from what I heard by friends and others, it's really good. Portion and flavor wise. Just hope they keep it the same here.

Really, the only people I can think of that can't eat Halal (other than vegetarians) are Sikhs. As DSC pointed out, when it comes down to eating "normal" meat vs halal meat, it's just two sides of the same coin.

Who actually said that?

AoD

I was told that by several Muslims, i have few family members that are Muslim. Their belief is that the meat is better if the animal is flooded with adrenaline when it dies. I don't know if the meat is actually more tender or not. I don't eat Halal.

I was told that by several Muslims, i have few family members that are Muslim. Their belief is that the meat is better if the animal is flooded with adrenaline when it dies. I don't know if the meat is actually more tender or not. I don't eat Halal.
There are people who think the earth is flat and that 911 did not happen. Do you also believe them? "Several Muslims" really does not cut it!

There are people who think the earth is flat and that 911 did not happen. Do you also believe them? "Several Muslims" really does not cut it!

And there are people who think Trump will be a great president. Believe what ever you want to believe. I will continue to believe Halal is the most barbaric method of slaughtering animals. That's why Denmark banned the ritual slaughtering of animals including halal and Kosher practices, unless the process includes stunning the animal first.

Anecdotal stories about a few Muslims you know does not justify a comment about what "they" all believe, regardless of the substance of your claim.

Go on youtube and you can see it for yourself. Waring the footage is extremely graphic.

You've missed the point. The fact that a few people reportedly told you something does not justify your comment about what an entire demographic believe. This has nothing to do with your substantive opinion on whether Halal is humane or not.

You've missed the point. The fact that a few people reportedly told you something does not justify your comment about what an entire demographic believe. This has nothing to do with your substantive opinion on whether Halal is humane or not.

How do you know the entire demographic doesn't believe that? Some might actually believe that, some won't. just like some believe being gay is a sin, and some don't.

Back