News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 996     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 370     0 

Residence College Hotel new Lecture Hall (90 Gerrard St. W, 2s, DSAI)

3305969246_45e37b1f9a_o.gif

Any bets how long it will take until the building is gone, at this rate? I'd say six months?

20121109143918.jpg

Last edited:
Strange, is there a by-law of imploding buildings here in this city.....cause this could be down and cleaned up in less than a month

Hmmm... Lets think about what is directly across the street...tgh and kitty corner is sick kids...

Would you want to be responsible when something goes wrong next to a kids hospital? I think in ths case at least they made the right choice to demo slowly. I'm no expert but most demos I've seen that are implosions have some vacant land around them and when they don't they sure are not next to a kids hospital.

Hmmm... Lets think about what is directly across the street...tgh and kitty corner is sick kids...

Would you want to be responsible when something goes wrong next to a kids hospital? I think in ths case at least they made the right choice to demo slowly. I'm no expert but most demos I've seen that are implosions have some vacant land around them and when they don't they sure are not next to a kids hospital.

Is there any extra significance to it being next to a kids hospital?

Is there any extra significance to it being next to a kids hospital?

Not really, a life is a life, but I was just thinking when something happens in the news and children are victims, it does get more coverage and people react more strongly, and if you are a company doing a demolition near specifically a childrens hospital I would guess they would think about the proximity to a children's hospital being a concern. Either way, an implosion around a hospital area and in a dense urban area would probably not be viewed favourably by the public.

I find it interesting that they're only gonna build something this short in replacement of the 19 storey building. I woulda thought they'd convert it to condos/rental apartments of some sorts.

had they demolished this thing and proposed a condo tower, I wonder how tall they'd be able to build on this site.

Back