News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 589     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 885     0 

Regent Park

IIRC, they're private, not TCHC. One has a big sign out front asking for new tenants and a phone number.

The hope for those buildings is RP's revitalization presenting a new business case to the otherwise slum lords, where they attract a higher paying tenant that's unlikely to have chavs.

There are three or four buildings tucked away in there, and I believe one of them is owned by TCHC. The others are privately owned.

I have friends that lived in one of the buildings on Oak.. they are indeed privately owned, and quite cheap. Nothing particularly bad from the couple of times I visited.

I have friends that lived in one of the buildings on Oak.. they are indeed privately owned, and quite cheap. Nothing particularly bad from the couple of times I visited.

220 Oak is a TCHC building and a notorious one in the area. Just Google the address to see.

IIRC, they're private, not TCHC. One has a big sign out front asking for new tenants and a phone number.

The hope for those buildings is RP's revitalization presenting a new business case to the otherwise slum lords, where they attract a higher paying tenant that's unlikely to have chavs.

No, one of the buildings is TCH (220 Oak St).

The demolition of Phase 3b-2 (gerrard and parl) is moved back to fall 2018 instead of summer 2019 as mentioned in another thread. I wonder if the recent surge in gun crime played a role in this.

Or possibly because phases 4 and 5 are going out to tender and Daniels might not be part of the project. Also, I believe some of the residents here will be relocating to the new buildings that will open up this summer/fall.

Police need to stay on this before the neighbourhood tips into a bad place. Wife & I took a nice stroll through last week saw a number of happy immigrant South Asian families enjoying the park harmoniously - Islamic, Hindu. Afterward walked past 8-10 very young teenagers who tossed pebbles in our direction, and a bottle. I had words with the leader of the pack who looked about 14. I assume these kids were fatherless and enthralled by the thug-life activity 3 days ago. Very sad. They were so young & tiny I didn't realize they considered themselves a proto-gang.
Police need to be very aggressive and proactive, talking the trouble makers out before they ruin everything.

Police need to stay on this before the neighbourhood tips into a bad place. Wife & I took a nice stroll through last week saw a number of happy immigrant South Asian families enjoying the park harmoniously - Islamic, Hindu. Afterward walked past 8-10 very young teenagers who tossed pebbles in our direction, and a bottle. I had words with the leader of the pack who looked about 14. I assume these kids were fatherless and enthralled by the thug-life activity 3 days ago. Very sad. They were so young & tiny I didn't realize they considered themselves a proto-gang.
Police need to be very aggressive and proactive, talking the trouble makers out before they ruin everything.

How do you come up with this?

How do you come up with this?

I was hoping someone would ask...

We've strolled through Regent Park many times and never had problems of any sort, least of all with a group of children. In the 1-2 days preceding there had been some over the top gang activity (which we didn't know about) and if you think this doesn't impact young impressionable boys you're extremely naive. What I find interesting is these were the ONLY young teenagers around. I will wager that 9-12 year olds with fathers were on lock-down in the evenings until the situation with gangsters had settled down.

How do we know they weren't families with 2 busy working mothers?

Yes, that could be part of the problem. Young men usually need father figures (with rare exceptions). Every culture in all of history has also had a Father figure around, two mothers don't cut it typically.

*eye roll*

Thankfully we're entered into an era where an *eye roll* is no longer sufficient to discredit an obvious statement of fact. In general, children of single child families lose something from not having siblings. This is known. Also children, especially boys, tend to lose in not having a Father figure around. Its so self-evident, the fact someone would eye roll, shows how far off track things are. Do you actually disagree?? Try to to respond without some anecdote about the lesbian couple you know and their wonderful little boy who is going to be model citizen.

Thankfully we're entered into an era where an *eye roll* is no longer sufficient to discredit an obvious statement of fact. In general, children of single child families lose something from not having siblings. This is known. Also children, especially boys, tend to lose in not having a Father figure around. Its so self-evident, the fact someone would eye roll, shows how far off track things are. Do you actually disagree?? Try to to respond without some anecdote about the lesbian couple you know and their wonderful little boy who is going to be model citizen.

Not a statement of fact that a child raised by two women suffers. Garbage homophobia, yes, but not a statement of fact.

Eye rolls really don't do it here!

Not a statement of fact that a child raised by two women suffers. Garbage homophobia, yes, but not a statement of fact.

It is regrettable, despite the very best of intentions of most gay couples, yet nevertheless true.
Some gay couples are good parents, some hetero couples are terrible. But don't let your progressive politics get in the way of millions of years of evolutionary history. Its how we evolved. I notice you duck the key assertion young boys need father figures. Just look at the crime statistics where fathers are not present. Just admitting the obvious doesn't make you a Nazi, relax. :)
Men are already largely absent from elementary schools, for well-known reasons, removing another important influence.

Its this sort of mystical, cult-like thinking that destroyed liberalism with the general public and opened the door to nutjobs like Trump & Ford. And its truly sad because I was fairly liberal until I stood back and actually looked at what was going on.

And with regards lesbians raising boys i happen to actually know something about it (anecdotally):)

Last edited:

Back