News   May 17, 2024
 2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Regent Park Phase 3 General

I noticed that the sales centre at Dundas and Regent Street had the windows papered up the other day, maybe they're preparing to launch something new?

There are supposed to be a slate of larger market town homes (rumored to ask in the high 6-digit price range) for Block 23 beside Shuter, just south of the TCHC building next to the Bartholomew. (And opposite the skinniest (8' wide) house in Toronto! http://www.housebeautiful.com/design-inspiration/house-tours/a4232/torontos-skinny-house-with-sauna/).

The sales centre may be prepping for these. It's the final market part of Phase Two I believe.

Last edited:
I can't imagine they would set up the sales centre for that, which would be what, 20 units? Those will sell like hotcakes anyway.. I'm hoping for the first market building in phase 3.

I noticed that the sales centre at Dundas and Regent Street had the windows papered up the other day, maybe they're preparing to launch something new?

Can confirm this. The sales center has been gutted inside and there is a sign in the front office mentioning something new coming soon.

...and another street is born: Introducing Nicholas Ave.

RP3.4.jpg

Attachments

• RP3.4.jpg
    RP3.4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:
the last time I was in RP, in addition to the works immediate west of the Aquatic Centre which my 5 year old and I use transit to reach, Oak Street was dug up from River to Sackville. On the Labour Day weekend I needed to use 506 to get there rather than subway/505, alighted at Sumach and found no way to pass through without a lengthy detour via Sackville. Problematic for us but it must be much more so for the unit residents who are seemingly not provided with walkways even during periods when no works are being done.

The city is asking for more funding from Ottawa and Queens Park to finish phase 3.

https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2017/01/14/108m-sought-to-get-regent-park-rentals-built.html
Where did the original funding for this project go? Have we overspent or under budgeted? Why isn't the Toronto Star investigating where the money went, or how this project was given the go ahead without sufficient funding?

I thought the deal was Daniel's Corp gets to build market value units in exchange for building RGI units.

Doesn't make sense from Daniel's perspective. I don't know how many market units would need to to be in a position to "donate" one to TCHC but, I imagine it's pretty substantial. A couple dozen at least? These first phases are also heavy on non market replacement units.

Where did the original funding for this project go? Have we overspent or under budgeted? Why isn't the Toronto Star investigating where the money went, or how this project was given the go ahead without sufficient funding?.
The funds being asked for now are to speed things up. It is 10 year project and we are in year 5 now. With more $$ they can probably do it all in 8 years. There's a map of the whole area as Post 1 in this thread. Phase 3 (current phase) has new building s going up in the southern half and the northern half has been cleared and the services have been installed waiting for $$ to actually build. Phase 4 is the NW section (Gerrard and Parliament) and Phase 5 is the section on Gerrard east of that. If I understand right the extra $$ being asked for are to finish Phase 3.

Last edited:
Doesn't make sense from Daniel's perspective. I don't know how many market units would need to to be in a position to "donate" one to TCHC but, I imagine it's pretty substantial. A couple dozen at least?
The plan is for 1,800 RGI units in the total Regent Park project, with over 5,400 market value units. That's a ratio of 3 to 1, not the 24:1 you suggest above, but still AIUI 3:1 was the ratio that sold the project to Daniels in the beginning.

Last edited:

Back