News   Jul 17, 2024
 534     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 634     0 

Regency Yorkville (Plazacorp/HiRise, 18s, Turner Fleischer) COMPLETE

Yes, are we indeed sure it has NOT been rented.
I walked by the site a while back while watching the 4 season's crane go up and there a lot of work on going inside the unit directly on bay.

I walked by this building a couple of times on my recent TO visit--have to say, while the Bay frontage is OK, the tower has one of the worst, er, rear ends I have ever seen. Unfortunately, said rear end is 100% visible from Yorkville Ave, a very busy and otherwise quite attractive street. The backside of the tower looks like the Nightmare on Elm St.

The north end of the project seems lacking as well - almost like they rushed the design. On a positive note, the quality of workmanship looks superb (a rarity in this town) and the building does fill the site well and meet Bay Street with confidence.

I agree completely, the quality of the materials used at the base are quite exquisite. But the butt is lacking :)

Regency from the north.....pic by johnfitzgerald, posted at flickr...

3515418322_eca3c470aa_o.jpg

What a perfectly urban streetwall that is! If this isn't a great example of Toronto truly maturing, I don't know what is.

This stretch of Bay (between Yorkville & Davenport) is pretty dreary right now. The 2 main retailers on the east side of Bay above Scollard have left (Louro Jewellers and the Persian Carpet place). Hopefully the new 4 Seasons and some retail tenants in the Regency can revitalize things. It's amazing to me that this little strip can be so downtown and in the heart of Yorkville but be so dead.

just surfing around flickr, found this pic of the entrance to Regency, posted by Still the Oldie.....

3491360871_3994d0cb48_b.jpg

Rich people....so snootie!!!

:)

Oh I love how the Four Seasons cranes are just hovering over Bay Street in that shot above...

Bay Street is rolling in Cash!!! - I just love how rich and luxurious this part of town is...

You know..

...one day people from Monaco will come here... and be like..WTF?

Regency looks decent overall, but those concrete urns by the entrance look horrible.

It seems odd to me that after spending lots of money on nice stone cladding and sidewalk, that the would haphazardly place two cheap-looking urns by the entrance. At least line them up so they don't look like they were thrown there carelessly.

Regency looks decent overall, but those concrete urns by the entrance look horrible.

It seems odd to me that after spending lots of money on nice stone cladding and sidewalk, that the would haphazardly place two cheap-looking urns by the entrance. At least line them up so they don't look like they were thrown there carelessly.

Agreed!

Would it hurt if they put a little greenery in there? This was a quick photoshop, but it looks much better than what's currently there (or atleast I think it does). I resized the image, so the scale is off - but you catch my drift.

mockup.jpg

Back