1.1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 695     1 

Regency Yorkville Condos, The (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

missdelite

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm missdelite and an avid follower of all things Toronto :)

My question is about The Regency at Bay & Yorkville whose luxury condos were priced $2.5-6 mil before the economic downturn. I pass by the property once a week and have noticed over the past few months that although it appears to be completed, it doesn't seem to be occupied.

What's the word on this gorgeous property? Are they in trouble?

how can a builder (Plazacorp) be in trouble if they finished the building completely ?? if units are not occupied, it may simply be purchasers bought the units as investment rather than primary residences

Thanks for posting the link - next time I'll do a search before posting a new thread :)

Agreed, some units were bought for investment purposes, but there appears to be 0 occupation at the moment - no people going in and out of the building at all, which strikes me as a little odd.

I suppose only time will tell...

Thanks for posting the link - next time I'll do a search before posting a new thread :)

Agreed, some units were bought for investment purposes, but there appears to be 0 occupation at the moment - no people going in and out of the building at all, which strikes me as a little odd.

I suppose only time will tell...

Are the interiors completed yet?

Just because the outside shell and the main floor retail are done doesn't necessarily mean the inside is complete or ready for occupancy.

Also, these are high end units ... these buyers won't tolerate living in a construction zone.

Are the interiors completed yet?

Just because the outside shell and the main floor retail are done doesn't necessarily mean the inside is complete or ready for occupancy.

Also, these are high end units ... these buyers won't tolerate living in a construction zone.

I do so wish I could see inside :)

Or at least see pics of their progress but when you google 'The Regency' there doesn't appear to be much activity/chatter about the property (my research skills are rudimentary) and a friend of mine who's a developer told me the site's been under construction since 2002 (!) - that's not good, is it?

More like 2005.

Anyways, this is hardly your average condo. I imagine the level of customization is extremely high. That takes time.

Anyways, this is hardly your average condo. I imagine the level of customization is extremely high. That takes time.

Ooh, it's going to be fab when it officially launches :)

100 Yorkville looks awesome with Diesal and Teatro Verde now open for business, and with their condo construction progressing at a steady clip, it's turning into a prime piece of real estate, am I right?

I think those that can afford to live here drive, rather than walk out of their condos! (Black Range Rover Sport btw.)

That could've been a realtor for all we know.

If you walk by at night, there might be one unit lit up, but that's it.

I guess no one here really knows what's up at The Regency? If something's amiss, they're not going to blab about it around town...

The dude in the box is wearing D&G.

Back