News   Jul 11, 2024
 281     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 428     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 666     0 

Redesign-a-Building

...Urbandreamer, if no one's done it by tomorrow I'll see if I can darken up Trump's granite and give it some magenta windows.

Magenta is a purplish-red... This sounds rather garish to me. A big black and red tower.... Sounds like a great place for a whorehouse. I think I will have to see the final product to get the look he is going for.

Whorish?

magenta-702548.jpg
Jet%20Black.jpg

Trump is a whore!

^Yeah either that or 80's Glam Rock Band stretch pants. I keep seeing Platinum Blonde or Honeymoon Suite.

I'm really not liking that combo.

We all know how much I dislike the mechanical roof of X. I posted a few renders of what I would have preferred over at the X thread before. But so many forumers said it would have been not cost effective for a residential product to have a roof like that blah, blah, blah... So I also did a quick render of a solution that would be cheap to construct and help the aesthetics. (Scroll down to see the cheap version.)

DSCN5561_2.jpg

(Original courtesy Casaguy found at http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...um-(Jarvis-Charles-Great-Gulf-44s-aA)/page109 )
4384669608_80e1a37114_o.jpg

(original courtesy Casaguy)

Attachments

• X Roof Alternate 001A.JPG
    X Roof Alternate 001A.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 199
See the Trump thread for what I'd like it to look like--dark black granite with magenta spandrels.

I think your swatch you posted for magenta looks more like fuchsia to me and it was reminding me of something...

Did you purchase at X or X2 perhaps?... Or maybe you live in the neighbourhood and the colour scheme seeped into your subconscious.? LOL

;)

X4_March16-10.jpg

(Original courtesy dt_torotno_geek found here http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...harles-Great-Gulf-44s-aA)&p=382700#post382700 )

I think we all hate The Hudson's Bay store on Bloor... I know there are lovers of this bunker out there, we don't need to hear from you right now... LOL

I did a really bad facade job using MS Paint, but that's how I roll. (I Suck at using Photoshop.)

Anyway... I thought some dark granite and some blue mirrored glass would give the wall some life and better fit in with that stretch of Bloor.

4444696820_7931bd1c3d_o.jpg

(Original found here: www.mindhat.com/yonge/yonge-7.htm )

4443926213_71054c9ce9_o.jpg

I'm not sure if cloning the Maclean-Hunter base at 777 Bay counts as an "improvement"...

I think we all hate The Hudson's Bay store on Bloor... I know there are lovers of this bunker out there, we don't need to hear from you right now... LOL

I did a really bad facade job using MS Paint, but that's how I roll. (I Suck at using Photoshop.)

Anyway... I thought some dark granite and some blue mirrored glass would give the wall some life and better fit in with that stretch of Bloor.

That's not too bad for MS Paint. I agree that this bunker needs to be clad in something that is not concrete or grey. Personally, the best thing would be to remove it and replace it with a new open base with street level retail.

I believe its days as the Bay are numbered, but what if...gasp!...the Bay had painted the expanse of concrete in the colours of the classic HBC blanket?

It's too late at night to do a good version but here you go... LOL

;)

Attachments

• yonge-bloor- bay 001 D.JPG
    yonge-bloor- bay 001 D.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 200
It's a little tacky but it could work. Perhaps do the stripes in coloured glass so the façade is reflective and easy to keep clean.

Back