News   May 17, 2024
 2.5K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Corporate office tower projects usually pave the sidewalks around the building nicely, any sign of nice new sidewalks here? As much as I love shiny new buildings, I get very excited about the fresh sidewalks that come along with them.

When's the official opening date?? They finished pretty much all exterior work, so it should be soon. Around the same time as BA, perhaps??

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: you better be right!! :eek::eek:

edit: I thought you said 'will be..'

but I maintain.. you better be right!

also note that, if LED lighting is being used in the lantern, by extension it makes it completely illogical for the strip up the side to not make it all the way to the top, complementing and connecting with the lantern, although I do have a problem with the scaling of these two features, in that case.. Though if it is kept where it is now, that would look REALLY silly...

I asked about this 3 or 4 weeks ago because I thought that I saw conduit and LED light boxes on a closeup shot before the glass on the lantern was completed.
Visibility was very poor last night, I missed the test :(
Good news though, I like buildings that are lit well at night.

will the lantern lights change colours like the base? if so it will look really good on our night skyline. I hope it changes colour because ive had enough with white lighting on every building. we need more colour at night so this is perfect. im pretty excited. this project keeps on getting better and better :D

Last edited:
May 8

Sidewalk is well underway and should be finish in a week or so. Getting good light in the morning before a meeting was better than the afternoon.
IMG_may=09-09-0028.jpg

IMG_may=09-09-0035.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0094.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0101.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0102.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0103.JPG

Lets not move the man hole.
IMG_may=09-09-0104.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0105.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0106.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0107.JPG

IMG_may=09-09-0112.JPG