2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Taken yesterday from the Pier 27 site:
IMG_4070.jpg

hmm... weird, it sounds like something I might say, but I cant find the post in question. What is the proper term? Entertainment District?

I just wonder why everyone refers to RBC's neighbour to the south as Simcoe Place... 3D even called it Simcoe Place 1.... I mean, its the Bank of America (Canada) Tower !!!!!

^post 951. It's a New York term, and unlike "downtown", it's not used by other cities as far as I know. I don't think there's any universally used term, most Toronto neighbourhoods are named by their streets anyway.

Wasn't Simcoe Place renamed when BOA moved in? That's what I assumed anyway.

I just wonder why everyone refers to RBC's neighbour to the south as Simcoe Place... 3D even called it Simcoe Place 1.... I mean, its the Bank of America (Canada) Tower !!!!!

I've always called it Simcoe Place. The BOA logo totally sucks! I didn't even know it was there until I read about it on UT. All the PATH signage still refers to Simcoe Place. I'm sure it even says Simcoe Place in the non-PATH concourse area in the podium.

I'd say the building is known for the Lonestar restaurant more than anything else. I regularly hear, "I'm parked under Lonestar."

Anyway, I don't see any reason why the whole building would be renamed for the principal tenant. The CIBC building is still called Commerce Court, BMO tower is FCP, etc.

you stubborn, stubborn people! I was mostly being ironic anyways about the name of the lead tenant: Bank of America (Canada) ... soon to be shortened to Bank of Americana ??? Or what was the name they were thinking of giving to a North American Union?

So are you all saying that we should call RBC - Simcoe Place 2 and Ritz - Simcoe Place 3 ? ha ha!

^post 951. It's a New York term, and unlike "downtown", it's not used by other cities as far as I know. I don't think there's any universally used term, most Toronto neighbourhoods are named by their streets anyway.

Good lord, are we also banned from using the terms 'east end' or 'west end' for fear of inadvertently referencing London?

it may new york in genus but there isn't actually such a thing as a lower west side. so, i would think that it's technically up for grabs. considering the layout of toronto's downtown i think it fits. but, then it implies we have an upper and middle west side, which would be what, the university and the annex...?

Back