News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 938     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     3 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

oh my god. amazing. i love the massive smoke/ steam streams. we are the big smoke.

wow ... scared me for a second there ....

that photo looks like Toronto after a fire was just put out ~ phew ....

That's what 'The Big Smoke' looks like when temperatures plunge to insane, sub-zero temperatures.

definitely like the candle comparison.

it is an absolute shame that rbc's led's won't climb all the way to the top. WHAT THE HELL!

the building has to show itself off. hopefully the lantern will light up, maybe even change colours.

It's too bad they don't direct all that waste heat to the sidewalks, to keep them free if ice.

definitely like the candle comparison.

it is an absolute shame that rbc's led's won't climb all the way to the top. WHAT THE HELL!

the building has to show itself off. hopefully the lantern will light up, maybe even change colours.
i Knew it wouldn't go all the way up... all well though

I still think it's a little early to say that they won't go all the way up. There's still quite a bit that has to be done to the building on a whole.

-RBC Dexia logo up
-glass is being installed on the south "greenhouse" portion

dsc0235pr2.jpg

Onyx.jpg

The rendering makes it look like the building 'peaks' at the nearest corner of the roof, when really it's a just a flat rooftop.

In all fairness, for that reading of the image to be correct, you'd have to accept that the upper floors are all slanted in accordance with the 'peak'.

I imagine it will go all the way up (the LED lighting) because the "lantern" is up there and then maybe would be worked into the lighting feature.

We'll see. The minute details like lighting effects are far from being completed.

make note that i said this:

don't speak too soon.

Alright, hkric88 I've made note :)

Let's bet on it - I say it won't :D

hmm ... what to bet though?

I take it you want to bet as well ;)

Back