News   Jul 30, 2024
 495     0 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 612     1 

Random Updates - 5/13/07

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken during a bicycle ride downtown. I'll post most of these on the respective threads.

One Bedford

Bed1.jpg

Bed2.jpg

Varsity Stadium. Minimalist, but looks OK.

Var1.jpg

Var2.jpg

Var3.jpg

Var4.jpg

RCM

RCM1.jpg

ROM. It does look better in person, but I'm still not sure that I love it.

ROM1.jpg

ROM2.jpg

ROM3.jpg

ROM4.jpg

ROM5.jpg

ROM6.jpg

Gardiner, with 1 St. Thomas behind.

Gardiner.jpg

More 1 St. Thomas

Stern1.jpg

Stern2.jpg

77 Charles

Char1.jpg

Char2.jpg

I think Minto Yorkville turned out quite well. I wish I could believe Regency would turn out even somewhat as good.

York1.jpg

Four Seasons Site

York2.jpg

Regency

York3.jpg

Murano

Murano1.jpg

Burano (Addison on Bay - originally the McLaughlin Building - must of sold the McLaughlin-Buicks).

Burano.jpg

ROCP

ROCP.jpg

Bay-Adelaide

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg

BA4.jpg

BA5.jpg

RBC/Ritz

RBC1.jpg

RBC2.jpg

Festival Tower

Fest1.jpg

Fest2.jpg

Fashion District Lofts (King/Portland area)

Fash1.jpg

Fash2.jpg

60 Lofts
60Lofts.jpg

Dufferin Jog clearance

DuffJog.jpg

Wow - I can't believe they are actually finally working on the Dufferin Jog! Thanks for the update Sean!

sean, where in this map did you take the dufferin jog photo? i can't understand the perspective.

Attachments

• jog.jpg
    jog.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 168
This whole update has renewed my fate in the city.

Gardiner.jpg

That one especially makes me ecstatic, I can't even explain how I feel about the Gardiner Museum, and with the 1 St Thomas backdrop, and everything else it just looks GREAT.

I'm guessing looking south from Peel Ave just a few steps east of Dufferin.

they tore down that warehouse? it didn't look like it was in the way. they must be using the land as a staging ground?

that area is gonna look soo strange when this is done :eek:

That one especially makes me ecstatic, I can't even explain how I feel about the Gardiner Museum, and with the 1 St Thomas backdrop, and everything else it just looks GREAT.

Ditto. Now imagine the same view with 1 Bloor East, Uptown, Crystal Blu, and other proposed St.Thomas projects - it will be truly magnificent. Exciting times!

I can explain how I feel about the Gardiner. You see everything in that photo - gift shop, entrance lobby, administrative offices, restaurant, outdoor patio for the restaurant, lobby for the restaurant ... and one tiny Asian gallery that was added on the second floor.

Still, they have doubled their display and studio space with this reno. And they've got over 50% of their collection on display, which is a remarkably large "tip of the iceberg" compared to other museums and galleries such as the AGO and the ROM. And that restaurant won't take up most of the third floor forever.

Back