2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 695     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Random pics from 'round the town

G

ganjavih

It's been crappy weather for pics but what the heck... I had an itchy trigger finger.

First of couple o' pics from the Distillery. They've added new sidewalks, benches, street lamps and a clock... quite nice.

DSC02160.jpg

Beautiful fall colours against a washed out skyline. The gods of good lighting were not smiling down upon me.

DSC02165.jpg

The view from the Toronto Western Hospital.

DSC02167.jpg

1 King West's new Melinda St entrance. I took a little peek inside and it looks good. The lobby was fairly full of travellers and the set-up looked quite professional. My faith in Harry actually increased slightly... just slightly. Harry was there giving me the evil eye so I just picked up a sales package and left. This photo/rendering came with the package. Sapphire Tower to be open in 2008... we'll see.

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

The Cosmopolitan... turned out pretty decent.

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

And now some autumn scenery around one of my favourites hoods, St. Lawrence Market. With the weather cooling down, those peameals on kaisers really hit the spot. Try a custard tart from the Future Bakery as well... you won't be sorry.

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02185.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

DSC02187.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02193.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

Some sort of stonework going on along the Front East median. Mmmm... stone...

DSC02199.jpg

On to the Bay, where I had to do some shopping. Their Christmas St set-up looked pretty cool so I snapped some photos. These are for miketoronto.

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

And finally, 3rd row at Sir Paul's concert at the ACC!!! Woohoo!!!

DSC02156.jpg

Sir Paul, wtf - what is up with the Red Wings sticker while playing in Toronto...

- otherwise great set of pictures.

Thanks for the pics, ganjavih.

I pass by here on my bike to and from work almost every day and have noticed something was going on but for some reason I never really paid attention to what's up. Does anyone know what this is supposed to look like when it's all done. Also, was it funded by local businesses or something? It's looking quite nice.
DSC02199.jpg

mccartney shouldve been booed off the stage for havingthat logo in Toronto.

People, people... he's had that on his guitar (the same guitar he played during Yesterday on the Ed Sullivan show in '64) since the days of a band called 'Wings', remember them? Get it? Red Wings... Wings. He ain't gonna take it off for fear of offending a few overly sensitive Torontonians.

texan.jpg

You passed my home and didn't say hi. And then you break the news for the new look for the Front Street median before I was ready to do so. You owe me something. Perhaps a roof...

Great pics despite the capricious weather gods.

Christmas stuff in October? Nah, too early.

Great pics Ganjavih. I saved a few for the daily banner images.

I noticed this morning that they're completely redoing the bricks on the ground around the Flatiron and west-of. With all of that being done while the roads are being resurfaced, we should see some nice improvements in the area just in time for the snow to cover it ;)

Your third pic screams "TORONTO!!!"

That is our look. For better or for worse.

here's a way to offend Torontonians!!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:rollin

I am going to be in Toronto next Thursday - Sunday. These pics have me moist with anticipation.

It was really cool this afternoon seeing people sitting down on the new Front Street median stone planters. This never happened before as there was no place to sit. Amazing how a somewhat small change makes a major change in people's use of an area.

They planted red oak and red maples down the median. Next year they will add flowers in a manner similar to what they did on University this past summer. I've also heard that a water feature may be added next year.

Things are picking up.

That's fantastic news, Ed. News trees, new median; this neighbourhood is going to look even better.

Hey, I work at Toronto Western. That pic seems to be takened from an upper floor on the new East Wing.

Back