News   Jul 26, 2024
 787     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Pulled Over and warned by cops. Is this documented ?

Rocky

Member Bio
Reaction score
My girl friend's car had a colored cover frame on license plate. She was pulled over by a cop and warned her about taking that cover off the plate, She told him she will take it out as soon as she reaches home and the cop let her go.

My question is, IF the frame is not taken out even after being warned - next time if she gets pulled over, would the cop know that she was warned earlier for this issue ?

Is the warning documented on the cops computers in their cars ? anyone has any information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just asked my friend who's a Toronto police officer - conveniently sitting in the room with me as I read your post.
He said that police do have a way of recording these stops and linking it to the license plate, so if you get stopped again another officer may be able to access the first cops digital notes. He also said it's unlikely they record any notes for something so insignificant so chances are you're safe. However you always run the risk of getting noticed by the same cop, they tend to remember these things...

Back