News   Jul 15, 2024
 407     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 563     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 566     0 

Pret A Manger coming to Canada!

Signage is up at the new Pret location across from First Canadian Place.

IMG_7441.JPG

Looks interesting - I've had quality issues with the pop-ups, so maybe this will fix it.

Good idea for going streetside, as the PATH still isn't set up to be able to support businesses on the weekend, so this will capture the tourism market and locals.

Tried it today. Was actually a bit surprised they opened on a Sunday. Weekends they’re open until 16:00.

Looks like a lot of their stuff had been sold when I got there just before closing which is a good sign.

Got an egg salad sandwich (a bit pricy, but was expecting that). It was good and on par with the food I tried in their London and New York locations.

A&W has arrived at a long term deal (10 years) to rollout Pret Across Canada, both in stand-alone formats, and with Pret Coffee becoming the default in A&W locations.

Press Release:

A&W has arrived at a long term deal (10 years) to rollout Pret Across Canada, both in stand-alone formats, and with Pret Coffee becoming the default in A&W locations.

Press Release:

With the closure of dozens of Toronto Starbucks locations during COVID, I think there could be an opening for Pret. I'm curious if we will see any growth outside of downtown, such as The Danforth or Bloor West Village.

With the closure of dozens of Toronto Starbucks locations during COVID, I think there could be an opening for Pret. I'm curious if we will see any growth outside of downtown, such as The Danforth or Bloor West Village.

I would imagine some; though, I note w/interest that they pulled Pret from the hybrid outlet at Coxwell Subway Station.

I inquired, and was told Pret wasn't a big seller for them.

I honestly don’t see the appeal of Pret. It was great in London only because it was everywhere and convenient for a quick stop. We have so many other options here that it’s the last place I’d consider.

I honestly don’t see the appeal of Pret. It was great in London only because it was everywhere and convenient for a quick stop. We have so many other options here that it’s the last place I’d consider.

I totally get the appeal. It's faster than fast food without being garbage food, the product is pretty standardized, and its relatively cheap. Great as a tourist or to grab a quick lunch on a busy day.

I see outlets doing brisk business in St. Lawrence Market, the PATH, Yorkville, near the Eaton Centre.

I totally get the appeal. It's faster than fast food without being garbage food, the product is pretty standardized, and its relatively cheap. Great as a tourist or to grab a quick lunch on a busy day.

I see outlets doing brisk business in St. Lawrence Market, the PATH, Yorkville, near the Eaton Centre.

We don't really have an equivalent chain here where you can get decent coffee and food (please don't call Starbucks food offering "decent").

AoD

I honestly don’t see the appeal of Pret.

I more or less agree; I find alot of the food under-flavoured; though the quality of the sandwich bread is good.

It was great in London only because it was everywhere and convenient for a quick stop. We have so many other options here that it’s the last place I’d consider.

I dunno about 'last place' I'd consider. I'd rank Pret ahead of McDs, or Wendys, or A&W frankly, and certainly better than Tim's or, yes, as @AlvinofDiaspar notes, Starbucks.

Now, there are a whole bunch more places that its not as appealing as, in either food quality or value for money.

We don't really have an equivalent chain here where you can get decent coffee and food (please don't call Starbucks food offering "decent").

AoD
Starbucks frozen food isn't the best? Shocking! Crazy how people spend $7-8 on a coffee and another $6-8 on a frozen breakfast sandwich...

Back