News   May 17, 2024
 2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Prentice mum on ISP throddling debate

I imagine Rogers cs reps are going to play dumb on this one. I plan on playing dumb too, I will call and tell them how my HD signal has a problem as the picture is very muddy and full of macro blocks and insist that they send a tech out to fix it or send me a new box. Lets see how honest they are with their customers.

Comcast got blasted for doing this same crap in the States. What's ironic is that the extra HD channels are most likely going to be part of the HD pack, yes, you have to pay Rogers MORE for the channels THEY added that degrade YOUR signal, aren't they wonderful people?

Exactly why people pay for HD channels is a wonder to me. I get all of mine for free and legally.

Most new TV's have digital broadcast receivers. Just point a regular UHF antenna south and you'll get all your HD channels. Unlike analog, if you get a signal, your signal is crystal clear. No ghosting or fuzz.. oh, and no Canadian commercials shoehorned into American broadcasts.

I got HDTV additional stations for Discovery, but I find the content lacking on their HD channel anyways.... Time to cancel that package. You still receive most of the other channels in HD that you subscribe to in SD (like networks), but I think an antenna is the way to go - I will put my home made PVC back into service :eek: (since Rogers PVR is only going to record crap)

Back