News   May 07, 2024
 534     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 472     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 931     3 

Premium Fare, Premium Express service project.

M

miketoronto

What do you guys think of my idea. I don't think you guys could object to a proposal like this that has a higher fare.

EXPANSION OF PREMIUM FARE SYSTEM FOR NEW PREMIUM EXPRESS SERVICE.

New express services would be rolled out by the TTC, by selling of new PREMIUM EXPRESS METROPASSES, and PREMIUM EXPRESS TICKETS.

-Premium Express Metropasses would cost $130.00 a month. The current rate for a metropass plus downtown express sticker.

-Premium Express Tickets would cost $4.20 each, and could be bought in books of ten.

These new fare media would be used to provide new expanded Premium Express service. The following routes would go into service.

ALL DAY DOWNTOWN EXPRESS SERVICE ON THE FOLLOWING ROUTES

144 Don Valley Express

NEW McCowan North Downtown Express service(Scarborough)

NEW Victoria Park North Downtown Express service.

NEW Kipling North Downtown Express service.

NEW Jane Street North Downtown Express Service.

NEW Don Mills Wynford all day downtown express service.

------------

Express extensions of the following routes

38 HIGHLAND CREEK extension to York Mills Station via Highway 401

16 McCOWAN extension to York Mills Station via Highway 401.

129 McCOWAN NORTH extension to York Mills Station via Highway 401.

37A ISLINGTON extension to Wilson Station via Highway 401.

66 PRINCE EDWARD extension to downtown via Gardiner Exp.

76 ROYAL YORK Extension to downtown via Gardiner Exp.

44 KIPLING SOUTH Extension to downtown via Gardiner Exp.

133 NEILSON new express service to STC via highway 401.

TO RIDE ON EXPRESS PORTIONS OF ALL ROUTES ABOVE, RIDERS WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A VALID PREMIUM FARE TICKET OR METROPASS TO RIDE. PASSENGERS USING JUST THE LOCAL SERVICE OF THESE ROUTES WOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY A PREMIUM.

Will we get free drinks and get to sit up front? And don't forget the hot towels!

What do you think this is, the West Coast Express train in Vancouver. If you want coffee served and stuff go ride that train.

Sorry, won't work. The 142, which runs through wealthy parts of Forest Hill and North Toronto, has low ridership (and just about everyone on that bus is obviously well-heeled) - how do expect it to work on Jane North?

The only new routes that I think would be worthwhile is the Lakeshore Premium Express - at least until Exhibition Loop is connected to the west for faster streetcar service, and that is not even on your list of suggestions.

I'm confused. Why would the McCowan 16 go up to the 401 then across and end up at York Mills Station? Does it go back over to Warden Station after that?

The 16 bus runs as far as STC. So from STC it would run express to York Mills via 401.

Sorry, won't work. The 142, which runs through wealthy parts of Forest Hill and North Toronto, has low ridership (and just about everyone on that bus is obviously well-heeled) - how do expect it to work on Jane North?
I wouldn't base the performance of express buses on wealthy midtown residents. Not only do they all have cars, but they live so close to downtown that driving will always be more convenient at all times of the day.

Mike, I think that your express service is worth looking into. The TTC might want to purchase an express fleet similar to GO's or YRT's. Regardless of the service provided, people will want to ride something better than a fishbowl for $4.20 a ticket. And of course, whether the TTC or GO provides your service it really wouldn't matter.

It does matter who provides it. Under law GO TRANSIT can not provide bus service within Toronto that does not serve the 905 region.

is there not a GO Shuttle that runs from STC to York?

and at any rate, why would someone pay 4.20 to sit on a bus (which is inevitably going to get stuck in traffic), when you could pay a little bit more and take the GO train? maybe the real solution is beefed up GO service within the city's boundaries

Back