News   May 02, 2024
 15     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 115     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I consider this to be a good thing.

Paper bags are recyclable and much better for the environment than cloth reusable bags. I currently have about 60 cloth bags between my car, work and house.

Paper is better for the environment than these cheap crappy fabric polyester bags that rip and fall apart after a few uses. Five to ten years ago, the re-usable bags were excellent quality. I still have reusable bags i bought years ago from Food Basics. Now a days retailers are copying Walmart. They offer bags for sale made with the cheapest quality. Might as well just go back to plastic at this point.

I currently have about 60 cloth bags between my car, work and house.
Me too, and I hate it so much. And now that the weather is getting nicer again, where exactly am I supposed to put them when I go shopping? There is literally no place to put one of these stupid bags on my person, so am I expected to walk around with one in my hand, flapping about?? I'm honestly at the point where I'm planning to throw them in the trash, so how is that good for the environment?

I consider this to be a good thing.

Paper bags are recyclable and much better for the environment than cloth reusable bags. I currently have about 60 cloth bags between my car, work and house.
I don't know how you managed that. I have a half dozen. I think paper bags are fine, just charge 25 or 50 cents for them.

Paper bags use a lot of resources compared to single use plastic film bags. Those aren't really suited to heavy liquor bottles though.

I don't know how you managed that

Mostly shopping.

I grab stuff when I'm out and of course they force you to buy reusable bags.

The reality is most people grab things when they're out. They don't plan for it, it just happens.

This is why I like IKEA, Muji and Farm Boy. All three of those will sell you paper bags which then go in the recycling

Paper bags use a lot of resources compared to single use plastic film bags. Those aren't really suited to heavy liquor bottles though.
I don't know how the per-unit unputs compare but at least the raw material of paper is fibre, which is at least renewable.

Sitting on a park bench drinking out of a poly bag just looks weird.

Ford gov't dropping some more changes to municipal planning tomorrow.

I don't think any government in my memory has tweaked the rules quite this often.
The Building Code is being repealed. Think of how many houses could be built if we eliminated silly impediments like standards and trade qualifications.

Ontario family furious over $400 a day hospital fine for not not moving to a LTC home.

A few weeks ago, Michele Campeau faced what seemed like an impossible decision: move her mom from a hospital bed to a long-term care home the family hated or pay $400 a day to remain at the health-care facility. Campeau chose neither – the family has been racking up a monster bill since March 11 that remains unpaid while her mother has stayed on at a Windsor, Ont., hospital.

Campeau's mother is among those caught up in a law that allows hospitals to place discharged patients into long-term care homes not of their choosing in order to free up beds. Should patients refuse the move, they face a $400 per day charge to remain at the hospital.

https://www.cp24.com/news/i-m-not-p...hospital-fine-for-not-moving-to-ltc-1.6840900

Ford gov't dropping some more changes to municipal planning tomorrow.

I don't think any government in my memory has tweaked the rules quite this often.

On the heels of including student residences and long-term care beds as "new homes", the Ford government decided to cut red tape further and added cemeteries plots in the new count.

AoD

Back