News   Mar 28, 2024
 102     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 230     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.3K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I wonder what Caroline Mulroney's father-in-law, the esteemed progressive journalist Lewis Lapham, thinks about his daughter-in-law serving as an enabler of the Canadian version of Donald Trump.
You know, it can't be good. It's not even that she's upholding jurisdistic neutrality in representing views not her own. It's that she bungling it, and brushing the dirt off her knees after bowing in subservience.

And the talk at the Sr Mulroney dinner table? My God, one can only imagine...

But it doesn't just end there with family. It's the *Diaspora of Wisdom* taking issue. And my phrase "The Wise Old Men" can now be retired of sexism, as it's the "Wise Elders" since Heinen has joined, and watch for Kim Campbell and Barbara McDougall to step up shortly.

I've lost any sympathy I had for Caroline, like a wonderlust strumpet seduced by a Sex Cult, she caters to any devious wish Glorious Leader commands.

Question: Can the municipal election in Toronto be postponed?

Because right now it looks as if, regardless of what the final outcome of all this mess is, it won't be a legitimate election at all.

But it doesn't just end there with family. It's the *Diaspora of Wisdom* taking issue. And my phrase "The Wise Old Men" can now be retired of sexism, as it's the "Wise Elders" since Heinen has joined, and watch for Kim Campbell and Barbara McDougall to step up shortly.

Heinen's piece you posted is excellent in its simple explanation of all that is wrong with this particular government action. So simply put, even Doug could understand it. (Can he even read? I know he can't count. See: Deco Labels Financial Statements).

Kim Campbell should be fun to hear from as well. Last I heard from her was some old episode of Bill Maher's show from like, maybe 5 or so years ago. She had some wise things to say on that show.

I wonder if the province should reimburse City and Councillor expenses (if they can show they were specific to the 47 Ward system), if they occurred between May 1 and July 27, when Ford made the announcement.

What? "Saving" taxpayer money by spending taxpayer money?

Government for the people! (unless the people expect their rights to be respected)
Respect the taxpayer! (unless the taxpayer expects the government to be efficient with money)
Open for business! (unless you're Tesla or bought carbon credits or are a farmer who signed a contract to sell power to the grid)

Yeah, they probably should reimburse people.

Another 6 months of pissing on the Constitution and I'll be asking to be reimbursed my 2017 Ontario taxes paid, thank you very much. I work too hard to pay them and I already don't get a vote so I'm not sure what else this thug wants from me.

You know, it can't be good. It's not even that she's upholding jurisdistic neutrality in representing views not her own. It's that she bungling it, and brushing the dirt off her knees after bowing in subservience.

And the talk at the Sr Mulroney dinner table? My God, one can only imagine...

I've lost any sympathy I had for Caroline, like a wonderlust strumpet seduced by a Sex Cult, she caters to any devious wish Glorious Leader commands.

I'm actually wondering what cabinet/caucus meetings are like in this administration--probably pretty blunt, DoFo grunting his orders with little wiggle room for discussion because, well, is he even *capable* of discussion? And he'd present that discussion-free approach as a plus, a streamlined new way of doing things.

Someone--Caroline, whomever--has gotta crack.

Are you drunk? Legit question. It's cool, I'm not judging, just curious.

You expect the citizenry to keep politicians in check? Wait, maybe you're not drunk, but mad.

First of all, our electoral system is a sham. A fraud. We have a "majority" government in Ontario now. Full power, minority support from the electorate. First of all.
Second of all, a good portion of the citizenry is unintelligent and will vote against their best interests including to curtail their own constitutionally-granted rights and obligations.

The courts are there to uphold the constitutional rights and obligations of the citizenry and to keep politicians from dismissing said rights and obligations.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to the issue for various reasons, but this is how it starts. You have governments with tenuous support (it's not a majority-supported government, let's stop lying to ourselves already, ffs) who start clipping away at the rights and obligations of the citizenry with the full support of a portion of that citizenry. This slowly erodes the society's consensual means of existence. This, in turn, leads to....man, just go read some history, or find a good documentary on the current scum in Venezuela.

Doug Ford is scum and anyone who apologises for his behaviour is also scum, but probably a worse variety, having been made subservient to someone who is willing to undercut their rights and obligations as a citizen. Poor form.

I personally think the Judiciary in this country sets what is our actual public policy than then Parliament a lot of times but it generally has worked out for the better.

It seems Ford is challenging the traditional convention and the thinking there will be a massive backlash to it, but I think a lot of conservatives across the country will be gleeful 'to get back at them liberal judges'.

So there is a lot of storm clouds ahead folks...

sigh...

Nothing - just like there is nothing stopping future Conservatives from using it if they deemed it is in their interest. It isn't even like they are new to creating constitutional crisis (think Prorogation in 08)

AoD

I would argue the liberals,ndp and bloc played a part in that but I was 9 years old then so what do I know lol

I personally think the Judiciary in this country sets what is our actual public policy than then Parliament a lot of times but it generally has worked out for the better.

Why do you think that?
Do you find the interpretations of law that are made by the judiciary in general to be akin to steering policy?

It's not their fault the Constitution exists as is. They didn't invent it.

It seems Ford is challenging the traditional convention and the thinking there will be a massive backlash to it, but I think a lot of conservatives across the country will be gleeful 'to get back at them liberal judges'.

"Ford is challenging the traditional convention" that is the Constitution. Any conservative who thinks ignoring the basis of our society's existence is a good idea just to "get back at them liberal judges" is a fool who doesn't deserve the rights they are themselves willing to give away.

For real. Agreed!

I would argue the liberals,ndp and bloc played a part in that but I was 9 years old then so what do I know lol

If by "played a part" you mean agreed to form a coalition government of sorts and topple the government, thereby replacing a minority with a real majority government, then yeah.

Of course, this was somehow (how the F?!) seen as "undemocratic" by the government at the time. Speaking of lol.

I'm actually wondering what cabinet/caucus meetings are like in this administration--probably pretty blunt, DoFo grunting his orders with little wiggle room for discussion because, well, is he even *capable* of discussion? And he'd present that discussion-free approach as a plus, a streamlined new way of doing things.

Someone--Caroline, whomever--has gotta crack.

What I think can be safe to say is that Diane Ford is at these cabinet/caucus meetings. Hell she's probably an honourary party member by now. Doug's not exactly a sharp tool, and doubt he knows what orders to grunt let alone the procedures or protocol. The Ford dynasty are just so weird and joined at the hip that it's without question that his mom is heavily involved.

Personally I give the PCs until 2020 before they realize this "Ford Nation" they've been conned/strongarmed into accepting is just some weird stuff with weird people. Not unlike Rob's administration, it'll unravel itself. Either that or Brown's lawsuit will reveal that women were paid off to make accusations that were untruthful and it directly implicates Doug and Diane.

If by "played a part" you mean agreed to form a coalition government of sorts and topple the government, thereby replacing a minority with a real majority government, then yeah.

Of course, this was somehow (how the F?!) seen as "undemocratic" by the government at the time. Speaking of lol.

You mean a very weak coalition headed by Prime minister Stephen Dion...

As Bad as Harper was having PM Dion propped up by the Bloc Separatist during the time of the recession seems like it would been a bigger shit show.

Why do you think that?
Do you find the interpretations of law that are made by the judiciary in general to be akin to steering policy?

It's not their fault the Constitution exists as is. They didn't invent it.

"Ford is challenging the traditional convention" that is the Constitution. Any conservative who thinks ignoring the basis of our society's existence is a good idea just to "get back at them liberal judges" is a fool who doesn't deserve the rights they are themselves willing to give away.

For real. Agreed!

I would argue that currently in Canada they do...and people specifically use the judiciary to alter and change public policy as well by making targeted lawsuits.

A judge recently blocked a national pipeline from being built because there was not enough consultation which seems like an extremely subjective opinion by the judge and his decision will now drastically shape public policy.

When things are not clear cut like in that case it makes me wonder sometimes does the judiciary sort of dictate policy rather than govt?

We all largely agree that these decisions are overall for the best as the judiciary has mostly made progressively minded decisions.

I dont have the answers to what is the right balance though of the power of judges vs the govt though.

Last edited:

Back