News   Jul 16, 2024
 430     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 537     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I would love it. This is really my dream scenario, a complete beatdown because Tory isn't going to lose. Thug would be smart if he waited till the next election, assuming Tory steps down.
If he fails here (still a big if) there's no way he drops back to mayor. Next failure is for PM.

https://twitter.com/1236/status/998921590766297088?s=21

Discuss.

9FD280F7-02E8-413E-9D70-228E4F3B6A98.jpeg

Attachments

• 9FD280F7-02E8-413E-9D70-228E4F3B6A98.jpeg
    9FD280F7-02E8-413E-9D70-228E4F3B6A98.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 295
Oh, and for no reason in particular, E-C candidate Kinga Surma worked on Sarah Thompson's 2010 election campaign, served as Peter Milczyn's assistant at City Hall and then for Doug Holyday at QP. She takes credit for Raymond Cho's campaign that DF was heavily involved with. Her most recent gig was caucus relations for the leader of the opposition under Brown. She's also in her late 20s/early 30s.

Edit: her official bio makes it look like she worked on Rob's election. She did not.

Last edited:
More realistic scenario: Doug wins his seat, but the NDP forms the government with support of the Liberals. Do the PC's tolerate yet another defeat?

More realistic scenario: Doug wins his seat, but the NDP forms the government with support of the Liberals. Do the PC's tolerate yet another defeat?
The problem with that scenario is it sticks the Libs on the backbench for 3-4 years with no time for renewal. Better to lick your wounds and rebuild while Doug is going nuts, then bring down the gov in 24 months to try again.

If they support Horwath in an environment where PCs have most seats they'll have to answer for the NDP's policies at the next election.

NDP winning a minority plurality is the only realistic scenario where the Libs agree to prop her up.

That's where I went too - but 0 evidence either way. Why did you say the same?

(a) The Etobicoke connection

(b) current Tory candidate (in Doug's own home riding!)

(c) just a few years older than Krista

(d) "Apparently, Doug has a passion for K's" = Karla, Krista, Kayla, Kara, Kyla...Kinga?

If Kinga is the one Thug's reportedly schtupping, then this latest scandal will be all the more precious. Wheee!

Try this question on for size: If he wins his seat, but either the Libs or the NDP - or some combination thereof - ends up forming the government anyway, does anyone else think Ford would have the sheer nerve to immediately dump the position in order to run for Mayor? I think he might.

He's not interested in serving. We've already seen his performance as a 'humble servant of the people,' and it was nothing to brag about. No, I think his only concern lies in being the One In Charge, i.e. a Big Shot. He wants to be head bullyboy who gets to yell at everyone and abuse the staff while having his ass relentlessly kissed. In that sense, his notion of what governing actually consists of is not all that different from his dimwitted baby brother's. Just being an ordinary backbencher won't remotely glamorous enough for his kind of asshole, any more than being a Toronto city councillor was.

Back