News   Jul 22, 2024
 268     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 545     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

So what do we think about these latest developments in DoFo's shadow campaign? A few observations:
  • It doesn't look like there was any campaign staff with him at K&B last night
  • He did have a passenger film him on the morning drive so assume he carpooled (awww!) with Mikey but went to the campaign stop alone
  • Would have expected someone to be there. Dan Jacobs usually runs point, so perhaps he was smart enough not to be present
  • Alternate angle is he really doesn't have anyone on payroll other than the social media contract
  • This was clearly an illegal campaign event. Either DoFo doesn't care or he assumes (correctly) that he can get away with it
  • Is this just a trial balloon for more noise?
Torn on the whole campaigning bit - the last thing we want is permanent campaigning, but how are you supposed to unseat an incumbent when they get lots of free press from their jobs?

I'll bet you anything, DoFo shows up.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.09.26 AM.png

Double or nothing, he scrums about the Killing of King.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.09.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.09.26 AM.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 486
As the DoFo train wreck gathers speed, it's worth checking in on some of the madness from four years ago. Doug still claims that he is "solely responsible for [Deco's] expansion into Chicago and New Jersey", but there does not appear to be anything going on in NJ:
  • The http://www.wisetaglabel.com/ website is still a placeholder
  • There are no employees listed on LinkedIn under either Deco or Wise
  • The phone number for Wise (856-663-2400) goes to a voicemail without mentioning the company name
  • The Deco website makes no mention of a third office
  • The only employee name I could find online was plant manager Jason Wilhelm, who left in 2015 https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-wilhelm-598b3833/
  • The "Wise Tag & Label" company on Wilhelm's LinkedIn job history now directs to "Express Tag & Label" in Brooklyn https://www.linkedin.com/company/6338754/ - but that's not terribly reliable as a source
Also see that Kevin Wise died last year at age 49: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpostonline/obituary.aspx?pid=181034803. Kevin was the son of Wise Tag's founder and acting GM when Doug bought the company. Kevin sued for $180k after he was abruptly fired, though it's not clear what happened with the case.

Is it safe to assume the whole thing imploded on itself? Is Doug also "solely responsible" for its failure?

Someone on Twitter was saying he knew Doug and heard he was just bluffing about running for mayor. He might still try to go provincial instead. Now I can't find the tweet.

Someone on Twitter was saying he knew Doug and heard he was just bluffing about running for mayor. He might still try to go provincial instead. Now I can't find the tweet.
I think a lot of us believe this is a possibility. Watch for an exurbs candidate to get a severe case of fencepost-itis in the new year.

Another plausible scenario is he gets publicity in 2018 but drops out for some imaginary reason (e.g., to look after Rob’s kids), with the intention of keeping up momentum for a 2022 run.

The main reason I don’t think this is a total bluff is his paid social media support. He’s probably keeping all options open while speed-dialing Brownie.

I could easily deal with him being a candidate or even MPP. He would be one of many and not command the attention of a mayor.

I could easily deal with him being a candidate or even MPP. He would be one of many and not command the attention of a mayor.
Pretty sure he is incapable of maintaining party discipline - which is why the Tories don't want him running. The only authority figure he has ever listened to is his dad. That's why he thinks Mayor is so attractive - like why Trump went for president. And we know how this scenario plays out.

Haven't the Tories selected all their candidates yet? Is there even a spot for Ford?
Registrations don't close until a few weeks before the election. Lots of time for all sorts of shenanigans. Ford could also run as an independent, but that seems unlikely.

I think a lot of us believe this is a possibility. Watch for an exurbs candidate to get a severe case of fencepost-itis in the new year.

Another plausible scenario is he gets publicity in 2018 but drops out for some imaginary reason (e.g., to look after Rob’s kids), with the intention of keeping up momentum for a 2022 run.

The main reason I don’t think this is a total bluff is his paid social media support. He’s probably keeping all options open while speed-dialing Brownie.

Seems to me that it is just as likely to be the case that his social media manager is one of the Ks, or Mikey. The only thing they have 'managed' so far is to tweet spurious complaints to Twitter and post a handful of entries on DoFo's Twitter and FB pages.

Back