News   Jul 16, 2024
 380     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 513     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 636     2 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I have no idea how you earn a living and frankly I don’t care. You come across as a public sector worker frankly but it makes no difference to me.

Businesses profits by taking risk, by employing people and pay more than their share of taxes in this province. You clearly have no clue what fees, levies, charges, etc businesses pay to stay alive. No clue.

Without businesses, primarily the small ones most affected by the min wage disaster, this province is fatally doomed. Wynne has already chased away manufacturing. If she wins again there will be nothing left.

Cute assumption.

I work in a physically and mentally intensive work environment (I actually WORK) and help run a small business. Our business' starting wage is well above minimum wage. I'm well aware of associated costs because I help run accounts. I receive an hourly wage and I pay more of my income in taxes than ANY BUSINESS IN ONTARIO, including my own.

Look, I despise the current government as well. Yeah, despise. But the shit coming out of you is irrational, ignorant, and false and I don't stand by rubbish of that magnitude.

Manufacturing still exists in this province. We do some ourselves, in fact. THE ECONOMY IS DOING WELL. 3.8% WAGE GROWTH LAST YEAR BEFORE THE MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE. LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS IN YEARS. GDP CONTINUES TO INCREASE.

Where do you get the idea that the economy is in massive trouble?

To recap: I work outdoors and help run a small business of which I am soon to become part-owner and am partially responsible for accounts at. I receive an hourly wage. I pay more in taxes as a percentage of income than our business does, factoring in all costs.

The system runs on the backs of people like me. This is a fact. Full stop. Don't even try preaching your ignorant bullshit to me.

I can play the stupid assumption game too!

I'm assuming you're a salaried low-tax-paying, tax-avoiding suit who "works" in an office and thinks the world revolves around your "need" to own three cars of as high a cost as possible and that running public services isn't of importance to you because you're too ignorant in your own self-interest to know how roads are maintained and hospitals are run.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

"There is no politician in this entire country that has done more for the Somali community than Doug Ford. " Doug Ford, April 7, 2018.

He's done the most for all sorts of specified groups. What has he done for me? I'm probably such a horrible ingrate that I don't even realise the great work he's done on my behalf.

Given Doug's propensity for saying, shall we say, controversial things, I'm not surprised his interactions with journalists are limited. But I really think he should spend more time with them. :D https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2018/04/09/how-press-proximity-provokes-doug-ford.html

This really is a non story, being trumped up (no pun intended lol) because the media gets its back up when its access is more difficult. There is nothing stopping the media from covering Doug's events. Besides Martin Regg Cohn is a major Liberal fart catcher.

The bigger story about Ford is that at an event with the Somali community he said the TAVIS program should be brought back. That was a real dumb ass statement.

He makes a lot of dumb ass statements. That was my point. Voters need to hear more of them.

And it's not just about the events -- of course reporters can get themselves there. It's also this.

In Ford’s case, limiting access to journalists is part of an emerging pattern since becoming leader. His staff typically cut off his news conferences after four or five questions, deploying damage control measures when he loses his way.

He makes a lot of dumb ass statements. That was my point. Voters need to hear more of them.

And it's not just about the events -- of course reporters can get themselves there. It's also this.
"His staff typically cut off his news conferences after four or five questions, deploying damage control measures when he loses his way."

lol! He can hang himself with one answer, let alone four or five. In the event, four or five should be more than enough to tighten the knot for the drop.

Getting back to ferris wheels...

These morons don't know what is going on, Dougie has been capitalizing on Robbie from the beginning of his "career" in politics. There are a lot of comments on this entry but I will spare everyone.

upload_2018-4-10_12-26-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-10_12-26-5.png
    upload_2018-4-10_12-26-5.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 222
That is an awful terrible comment though

Back