News   Jun 18, 2024
 227     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 493     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Well the Greenbelt Scandal is the gift that keeps on giving for the Premier.........

The RCMP have formally opened a criminal investigation.

Of course, the above may not lead to any charges; and/or the investigation may not make it as far the Premier himself; but its not the type of attention a sitting Premier normally desires.

I suspect this will put pressure on Doug to resign.

The RCMP would not investigate unless they had cause. That said, if there is more to the story and criminal wrongdoing.. this could tank the PC party.

I cannot see a situation where Doug Ford is left on as leader if the RCMP start digging deep into this. The PC caucus would force him out to save themselves.

Now there is yet another Auditor General probe!

Published Tuesday, October 10, 2023 4:30PM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, October 10, 2023 4:31PM EDT
Ontario’s auditor general has confirmed it is investigating the government’s use of Minister’s Zoning Orders (MZO) to open up development opportunities in the province while overriding local approval processes.
In a letter dated Oct. 6 to the official opposition, Acting Auditor General Nick Stravropoulos confirmed that an audit on the government’s process for selecting and approving Minister’s Zoning Orders was chosen “as part of their normal audit selection process.”
The audit began on Aug. 30.

See: https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-a...ing-tool-to-override-municipalities-1.6595883

There's so much to investigate here, the content almost seems endless so i'm glad the RCMP took the step to formally launch an investigation.

With regards to the Auditor General's next investigation regarding MZO's that's another interesting probe that should yield some interesting results. While the AG is at it, they should also investigate the Ministry of Housing's blatant abuse of authority in forcing Hamilton and Ottawa (2 cities with thousands of acres of existing land available to develop) to expand their municipal boundaries for the sake of "building more housing". Both cities outright rejected the need to expand their boundaries as both of them have been on record saying that it's completely unnecessary, but the province kept pushing and pushing for whatever corrupt reason they had (*cough developer/personal benefits*).

I suspect this will put pressure on Doug to resign.

The RCMP would not investigate unless they had cause. That said, if there is more to the story and criminal wrongdoing.. this could tank the PC party.

I cannot see a situation where Doug Ford is left on as leader if the RCMP start digging deep into this. The PC caucus would force him out to save themselves.
I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Depending on where any evidence leads, it could lead to places other than the Premier's circle and without any provable links. Criminal investigations look at the culpability of people, not processes or systems. Now that the investigation has started, there will be radio silence on any information, and these types of investigations typically take a long time, particularly if charges are indicated since the evidence will be run through the Attorney General first.

The party will no doubt read the tea leaves approaching the next election and make any decisions based on polls and projections.

Besides, who would be the heir apparent? They're not likely to go towards an election with a big unknown.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Depending on where any evidence leads, it could lead to places other than the Premier's circle and without any provable links. Criminal investigations look at the culpability of people, not processes or systems. Now that the investigation has started, there will be radio silence on any information, and these types of investigations typically take a long time, particularly if charges are indicated since the evidence will be run through the Attorney General first.

The party will no doubt read the tea leaves approaching the next election and make any decisions based on polls and projections.

Besides, who would be the heir apparent? They're not likely to go towards an election with a big unknown.
If he resigns, it would be Sylvia Jones as she is the deputy premier of Ontario until there is a new leader and by election for Doug’s riding. I can see smarmy Callandra making a run for it.

How long before Thug starts petulantly screaming that this is all a conspiracy by the lefties who are just out to get him?

If he resigns, it would be Sylvia Jones as she is the deputy premier of Ontario until there is a new leader and by election for Doug’s riding.
True, but I don't they would want to go into an election with somebody from the bullpen. Besides, she's about as inspirational as porridge; has she ever had a thought that didn't originate in the backroom?

How long before Thug starts petulantly screaming that this is all a conspiracy by the lefties who are just out to get him?
About four years ago?

The only competent one I can think of who comes anywhere near that description - Monte McNaughton - just bolted.
And even he ran as a Socon in his last leadership bid--though it might be a matter of his "growing into the role". (Not unlike how Patrick Brown's moderation was a morph, come to think of it.)

Ironically, Steve Clark could have been a strong candidate for successor, had he not Greenbelted himself out of the picture.

I suppose Lecce might be positioning himself for *something*, for better or worse--and who knows about any class-of-'22 dark horses. Of course, if Doug were *that* boneheaded he might want to set up Mikey or Kinga for the role...

Of course, if Doug were *that* boneheaded he might want to set up Mikey or Kinga for the role...

It would not surprise me if in a leadership contest Doug Ford asked Kyla, Kayla, Krista or Michael to run for the leadership.

One thing about the Fords is their brand. They think of themselves like the Kennedys where there always has to be a Ford on the ballot.

It would not surprise me if in a leadership contest Doug Ford asked Kyla, Kayla, Krista or Michael to run for the leadership.

One thing about the Fords is their brand. They think of themselves like the Kennedys where there always has to be a Ford on the ballot.
Kinga would be likeliest because she's a 2nd termer, she represents Doug's home riding, and she's long rumoured to be his extra-marital paramour. So in case he's up to some "Lurleen Wallace" thinking...

Back