News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 392     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I was thinking that a lot of people who play golf are well off business people and likely generous PC party donors. My guess is they do a lot of their business deals while hitting the links as well. Has Doug lost the golfer vote because of this?

I was thinking that a lot of people who play golf are well off business people and likely generous PC party donors. My guess is they do a lot of their business deals while hitting the links as well. Has Doug lost the golfer vote because of this?

And according to my former golf addict boss, "an excuse to get away from the wife."

It seems a bit early to be committing to dates. Maybe just give us visibility to how they are thinking about criteria for reopening. Outdoor activities should be opened up. School is probably a write off, but day care needs to be opened up as well.

Day care is open. Do you mean for school aged children outside of school hours? Or something else? Do daycares have capacity? What about summer camps that a number of parents rely on?

Day care is open. Do you mean for school aged children outside of school hours? Or something else? Do daycares have capacity? What about summer camps that a number of parents rely on?
It is way too early to commit to anything, looks like they are jumping the gun again, which probably leads to a 4th outbreak. We need to be patient... yeah something we are short of but atleast we know what's the right thing to do.

School has been disrupted so much for the past year - should summer vacation be cancelled?

School has been disrupted so much for the past year - should summer vacation be cancelled?
Good luck with that. Teachers have already been run ragged the past year, dealing with additional work, fewer days to prep and dealing with the problems that come with teaching kids (especially elementary kids) online.

Our seven year old doesn't do the online thing well. She just can't focus.
she is not the only one. I hear a lot from my neighbours complaining about their children unable to focus and they are easily distracted by their siblings attending different online events. Regardless of what Ford & Lecce claim, young minds need in classroom education, unless you live in a region where homeschooling is the only option.

she is not the only one. I hear a lot from my neighbours complaining about their children unable to focus and they are easily distracted by their siblings attending different online events. Regardless of what Ford & Lecce claim, young minds need in classroom education, unless you live in a region where homeschooling is the only option.
Most children still do not have their own individual laptop computer. Most would be sharing with the other kids in the home and their guardians.

Most children still do not have their own individual laptop computer. Most would be sharing with the other kids in the home and their guardians.
It seems to me most kids have a device. Some have received chromebooks from school, or otherwise using tablets or phones. The bigger problem is kids who don't have reliable internet for video calls.

It seems to me most kids have a device. Some have received chromebooks from school, or otherwise using tablets or phones. The bigger problem is kids who don't have reliable internet for video calls.

Most likely hand-me-downs, obsolete devices with limited storage and speed. The parent working from home would be using the "best" device available at home, unless there is a battle between both parents needing access.

That's why most computer companies and internet companies are doing fine during the pandemic.

Most likely hand-me-downs, obsolete devices with limited storage and speed. The parent working from home would be using the "best" device available at home, unless there is a battle between both parents needing access.

That's why most computer companies and internet companies are doing fine during the pandemic.
Well, most parents working from home are using work-issued devices. Kids are using the family owned devices.

Back