News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

A week after smugly rejecting Trudeau's offer to provide assistance through the Red Cross?
Wasn't that for vaccinations? To be honest, I don't think Ontario is short of resources to deliver vaccines. It is more an organizational problem and lack of supply.

Wasn't that for vaccinations? To be honest, I don't think Ontario is short of resources to deliver vaccines. It is more an organizational problem and lack of supply.
The Red Cross could have been put to work on a multitude of tasks. Contact tracing is nonexistent in some places, they also have licensed healthcare workers, cleaning staff etc etc. In short they could have employed to lessen the burden almost every where.

Watch his polling numbers sink even further. At the rate Doug's going, he'll be in Kathleen Wynne territory by the time the next election rolls around...
Dream on - unless the Libs or NDP get better at things I bet the Tories will return - possibly without Doug as they have never been loyal to leaders they decide are no use.

Dream on - unless the Libs or NDP get better at things I bet the Tories will return - possibly without Doug as they have never been loyal to leaders they decide are no use.

Like I said before Del Duca is becoming a household name. People are warming up to him and it may just be because Ford is inept.

I think you are over estimating Del Duca’s exposure.

Not really. He is the lesser of two evils and I don't think that people will vote in Andrea Horwath as premier (I am an NDP supporter but have no use for Andrea).

When the choice is a braindead idiot who does not have your interests at heart or a no name politician who has a fresh perspective who do you think people will vote for?

Not really. He is the lesser of two evils and I don't think that people will vote in Andrea Horwath as premier (I am an NDP supporter but have no use for Andrea).

When the choice is a braindead idiot who does not have your interests at heart or a no name politician who has a fresh perspective who do you think people will vote for?
You are talking about the same electors who voted Ford in, though his character was WELL knows, Getting elected is a contest between those who vote for you and those who vote against you. MAYBE enough voters will remember the 2021 Doug in 2022 but I would not count on it.

That wasn't my point. My point is that he isn't becoming a household name. He barely has a presence on / in the news. Sure, when it's election time, people will tick a box, but they aren't talking him up. He needs to get out there and show his face and have more to say. There is certainly more than enough for him to discuss.

Doug Ford, April 22: "And so, we’re going to take actions ourselves. And Ontario will have the best program anywhere in North America bar none."

For those who are click-averse; and/or don't get Twitter previews.......this is worth highlighting.

1619547050289.png

1619547227852.png

1619547240880.png

Cynicism is a necessary self-defense mechanism.

Pessimism an unfortunate side effect

But Nihilism isn't all that necessary.

Lets not give the current government a second term just yet please; nor condemn those who hope for a better outcome.

That wasn't my point. My point is that he isn't becoming a household name. He barely has a presence on / in the news. Sure, when it's election time, people will tick a box, but they aren't talking him up.

Agreed. I barely know who he is myself. Him not being a household name is putting it politely. Oddly, the NDP are in a similar boat with their non-entity of a leader. I don't doubt that Horwath is a perfectly nice person and means well, etc. etc., but she's about a charismatic and forceful as a wet strand of spaghetti. She's had her turn and has been completely ineffectual. For the good of her Party, she really should step down.

As for Thug, the only question seems to be whether he'll survive and lead his Party to defeat or if he'll be pushed first. If the latter, well...As delightful as that would be - oh, to see the look on his face when it happens!! 😆 - it would give him the option of grandstanding if the Cons dump him and move on to losing the next election anyway. I can hear him now: "Y'see? Y'see!?!? If they'd kept me as leader, we woulda won that election!!" And you know the usual media outlets would allow him to use them as megaphones.

I suppose there's also the prospect of him stepping down voluntarily. But that's just crazy talk. I think we all know the likeability of that happening.

Back