News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 455     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

He’s now pulling a page out of the Trump book; bald-faced, completely refutable lies for political gain. To pull up and oldie but a goodie, “that’s not true, Doug.”

TORONTO, April 19 (Reuters) - Ontario Premier Doug Ford said on Monday the province expects to face a delay in the supply of AstraZeneca Plc COVID-19 vaccine, as he faces significant blowback for his handling of the pandemic in Ontario.

"The Premier was notified today by our officials to be prepared for delays to two shipments of AstraZeneca expected from the federal government later this month and next," a statement from Ford's office said.
[…]
No other province reported a drop in AstraZeneca supply on Monday. A federal government source who was not authorized to speak publicly said it was unclear what Ontario's premier was referring to as there had been no change to AstraZeneca delivery schedules since early April.

I think he was pretty unpopular heading into COVID. He acted vaguely competent for the first half of 2020 pandemic and his support jumped. It was eroded in the fall and plummeted in the last month or so.
Reading this https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...advisory-table-over-ford-s-response-1.5993370 I have to think Ford is going to have trouble winning the next election.... if the Libs prepare properly with an army of scientists, public health experts, etc.
If the NDP or Liberals had better leaders the Tories, even without Ford, would not be in contention in 2022
The NDP had their shot, and against, with the exception of Mother Wynne, possibly the most unpopular candidate in Ontario history, lost. Horvath has to go. If the NDP had brains they'd be preparing a new candidate to lead them in the next election.

If the Cons are planning a palace coup, it would be highly ironic, given Ford's role in the sleazy way Patrick Brown was ousted.

And I'm sure it never even crossed Dofo's tiny mind that the same thing could ever possibly happen to him! Tee hee!

Well, those powers behind the throne are just as, if not more complicit in this mess.

AoD

TPH has now followed lead from Peel and will use Section 22 Orders to close workplaces for 10 working days when they have 5 or more cases within 2 weeks. If the Fordites won't act I guess this is the only way.

Sh#t, that article and the public posts from hereto-now quiet scientists pretty much dooms Ford’s legacy. If the Liberals have any brains they’re collecting this material.

His legacy is already written in stones - somebody elses' tombstones, that is.

AoD

Back