News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

That is a pretty stupid argument. It is a bit like people complaining about 'the government' and then not voting. The latest consultation may well have been flawed and very short but .....

...but they and their proxy government alone asked for it, and chose the format it was delivered, with claims that is is the biggest [hence most authoritative].

AoD

Well then, why didn't certain other groups also flood the website? Or perhaps Doug's hearing was skewed during campaigning?

I told you before; I'll tell you again. It's because they are too busy working hard and earning their keep. Get that through your head ;-)

But of course, rather than dwelling on the "skewed" margin, let's dwell on the raw numbers: for the sake of argument, strike out the "opposition" totally, and *how is two dozen any kind of representative sample*?!?

If it were a Lib/NDP government making decisions based on a sample of two dozen, the Tories would be up in arms.

So yes, if the Ford Tories were *smart*, they'd have anticipated this deluge and countered with their own deluge courtesy of Ford Nation, McVety Nation, etc. And why not? That's how the religious right have done it in the States for ages: galvanizing the troops, etc. Strength in numbers.

But they didn't. So, a measly two dozen turned up to have their pro-government say.

What putzes.

(But one thing working on behalf of the likelihood of deposing DoFo: the perception that Tory fortunes might actually *improve* without him. Say what you will about "Premier Elliott": she isn't necessarily an Ernie Eves-style left-holding-the-bag goner next time around)

From the Globe:

Ford backs Taverner as OPP head, takes aim at deputy

Premier claimed to have nothing to do with the process promptly demonstrating how vested and deeply involved he is with the process publicly - to the point of dragging out clearly HR issues - which turned out to be BS - that he would have what business of knowing in the first place?

We need Daniel Dale back, clearly. Ford seems like someone who is desperate to have a loyalist in the OPP - for what reasons, I wonder. :rolleyes:

AoD

Who says we need up-to-date sex ed. for our kids, many who are dealing with issues of consent and social media-based sex crimes?

BREAKING: Another St. Michael’s College School student has been arrested, bringing the total number of students facing charges to seven. It is not clear what charges the 15-year-old student is facing.

Last edited:
Who says we need up-to-date sex ed. for our kids, many who are dealing with issues of consent and social media-based sex crimes? Lock 'em up!

BREAKING: Another St. Michael’s College School student has been arrested, bringing the total number of students facing charges to seven. It is not clear what charges the 15-year-old student is facing.

While I'm disheartened to hear about the seemingly unending number of incidents that occurred at St. Mike's and certainly support up to date sex.ed. I'm not sure I would conflate those two.

Most of these incidents at St. Mikes, whether they include a sexual element or not, appear to be of the bullying and/or hazing variety.

While, I don't have all the details, I don't think the assailants were in any way confused about whether the victim consented. I don't think a more contemporary understanding of gender identity or sexual orientation would have
done much here either.

The issue smacks more of something that has been present in the past and remains an issue in frat-houses and in lesser measure, sororities; as well as the culture surrounding boy's athletics, particularly high-performance and high-profile athletics.

Let's get the sex.ed. program updated.

But let's not presume that would have stopped this, nor something like it in the future.

We need to find ways to address group-think; bullying, the culture of initiation, and the culture of entitlement/untouchability that often comes w/being uber-popular or high-profile in any setting (see Hollywood and me-too).

There is a need to ensure everyone feels and that they are, accountable for their actions. Empathy must be encouraged and dehumanization demonized.

Athletes (and others) need to have their entitlement bubble pricked, and need to know that they gain respect and leadership by stopping BS like this, not starting it.

From the Globe:

Ford backs Taverner as OPP head, takes aim at deputy

Premier claimed to have nothing to do with the process promptly demonstrating how vested and deeply involved he is with the process publicly - to the point of dragging out clearly HR issues - which turned out to be BS - that he would have what business of knowing in the first place?

We need Daniel Dale back, clearly. Ford seems like someone who is desperate to have a loyalist in the OPP - for what reasons, I wonder. :rolleyes:

AoD

A very good question. Someone who will be compliant? Someone he has dirt on which give him leverage? Who knows. As we have learned from the kabuki theatre to the south, friends, supporters, kindred spirits placed on the inner circle are no less prone to protect themselves when pushed and blind loyalty has limits.

I'm curious as to the claim that he has been flooded with calls from OPP members praising the selection. As they say in the sports world, I'd like to go upstairs to the tapes on that one. No doubt there may be a few disgruntled members, but I would hazard a guess that the tone of these calls - if they exist - complain about the disruption caused by the process, which he blames on everybody who simply just didn't blindly fall in line to his administration's partisan incompetence. He says the OPP is "desperately" in need of strong leadership. They have had several very good commissioners in a row, and the only leadership crisis is his doing.

Doug likes to talk about all of the calls he receives to justify his actions.

And I see he missed question period this week. Back to his old tricks.

Shhh. Maybe the "folks" will not find him.

year-diary-20181211.jpg

From link.

LOL. Doug is only giving an "interview" to his own party's PR arm ...

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/960929608345452544/VMvLFsaC_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Paola Loriggio[/B]‏Verified account @[B]ploriggio[/B]
FollowFollow @ploriggio
More
Sources say Premier Ford is doing a year-end interview with the PC caucus-funded Ontario News Now Ford has refused all requests from the press gallery for end-of-year interviews, which are a tradition. Asked about that choice this week, he said it was not his tradition.

Last edited:

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/960929608345452544/VMvLFsaC_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Paola Loriggio[/B]‏Verified account @[B]ploriggio[/B]
FollowFollow @ploriggio
More
Sources say Premier Ford is doing a year-end interview with the PC caucus-funded Ontario News Now Ford has refused all requests from the press gallery for end-of-year interviews, which are a tradition. Asked about that choice this week, he said it was not his tradition.
He'll be up at his cottage?

FollowFollow @ploriggio
More

Just wait; he'll probably use Ontario News Now as an alibi for shutting down TVO.

Back