443     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 4.31.12 PM.png

A lesson from the master:
"I wasn't even at that hockey game. ... Well, yes I was, but I never said that. ... I apologize for saying that."

Why are people concerned if they took the vote at the caucus meeting or not? Is this really an issue that people need to discuss.

Lets be real of what happened Simard knew the writing was on the wall and resigned before the vote could be completed. The PC party put out a statement saying the vote took place even though it technically didn't, but at the end of the day the whole thing was a technicality. Somehow people are outraged on twitter that the PC party used the wrong words. I don't get it.

Hmmm ..... from a provincial press release. Taverner ... a blast from the past.

Today, Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services Sylvia Jones announced the appointment of Ronald (Ron) Taverner as Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police.
Superintendent Taverner was appointed by Cabinet, based on the unanimous recommendation of a selection committee comprised exclusively of members of the Ontario Public Service and supported by Odgers Berndtson, an executive search firm.
Taverner is currently Unit Commander of 12, 23, and 31 Divisions with the Toronto Police Service, and is well respected for his focus on building relationships with marginalized communities.
"I'm very pleased to appoint Ron Taverner as OPP Commissioner," said Minister Jones. "He is a relationship builder, and I'm certain he will have a positive impact on policing across Ontario."
He began his career in policing in 1967 and has worked in many divisions and units, including intelligence, organized crime enforcement, outlaw motorcycle gangs and community policing. Taverner is the recipient of many recognitions and awards, including, in 2009, the Order of Merit of the Police Forces, awarded by the Governor General of Canada. It recognizes fellowship of honour based on the highest qualities of citizenship and service to Canada, to the police community and to humanity at large.
"With over 50 years' experience, Ron brings the support of front-line officers, community leaders and our respected law enforcement professionals," said Minister Jones. "We will be well served by an officer who has dedicated his life to making our communities a safer place to live."
Taverner will assume his post on December 17, 2018, and will serve for a term of up to three years.

Perhaps kudos to the insider who told her to get ahead of this. You can't fire me you f#ckers, I quit.

The question is, does this bring the other itchy folks in line, or give them courage to bail. Elliott must be thinking, if I was premier we could have avoided this circus. At this rate we'll have the Liberals in power again in 36 odd months.

Patronage appointment! For loyal service in keeping His Majesty Doug informed of the police investigation into his brother, Saint Robbicus.

Personally after a 50 year career I'd prefer to take up cottaging, or woodworking or any other recreational activity, hanging out with grandchildren, great-grandchildren, whatever. Starting a new job? Not so much.

Damn, I lost the bet.

Patronage appointment! For loyal service in keeping His Majesty Doug informed of the police investigation into his brother, Saint Robbicus.

Personally after a 50 year career I'd prefer to take up cottaging, or woodworking or any other recreational activity, hanging out with grandchildren, great-grandchildren, whatever. Starting a new job? Not so much.

No kidding!

Patronage? That sounds awfully innocent relative to the what ifs and or buts in this scenario.

AoD

Why are people concerned if they took the vote at the caucus meeting or not? Is this really an issue that people need to discuss.

Lets be real of what happened Simard knew the writing was on the wall and resigned before the vote could be completed. The PC party put out a statement saying the vote took place even though it technically didn't, but at the end of the day the whole thing was a technicality. Somehow people are outraged on twitter that the PC party used the wrong words. I don't get it.

Because more likely, it was the other way around. They knew she was going to quit, and decided to try and fire her before that news came out (why else is caucus meeting before 9am?). They're trying to claim the upper hand when it's evident they never had it to begin with. Simard's dissent displays party weakness to Ford, who seems to believe he can bully and coerce people into being loyal to him. In short, they were trying to co-opt her strength.

Because more likely, it was the other way around. They knew she was going to quit, and decided to try and fire her before that news came out (why else is caucus meeting before 9am?). They're trying to claim the upper hand when it's evident they never had it to begin with. Simard's dissent displays party weakness to Ford, who seems to believe he can bully and coerce people into being loyal to him. In short, they were trying to co-opt her strength.
I agree. And Simard will have given strength to others who are on the fence between career safety and convictions. If two or three others bail, we can expect a Wildrose/Reform-like Free Tory Caucus to be organized.

Last edited:
This is the correct move.

She needs to do something and something quick to distance herself from the reputation she is quickly building as Druggie's whipped Cronie in Chief.

It's far too late for her to redeem her pathetic, disgraced reputation. It was over once her own father called her out publicly.

She's Ontario's Chemical Ali.

Back