News   May 16, 2024
 269     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 497     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.4K     0 

Portrait Condominiums (695-717 Sheppard Ave W, Norstar, 2x 8s, Northgrave) COMPLETE

AHHAHAHA....wow this is something..GO Mango!

Hi Folks,

I wanted to write and say my suite looks amazing and Norstar has outdone themselves. I had my PDI and Tony did an amazing job walking me through it. I am really looking forward to moving in, meeting my neighbours and enjoying my new home. I am very impressed with Norstar’s workmanship and I think they have really outdone themselves. It is my understanding there are no delivery charges for the appliances. I think Wilshire on the green is a great investment and I am satisfied with the service that I have received from Norstar.

Be very careful. This is a Norstar project. There should be a thread in the Buildings section that chronicles all of the problems that buyers in Norstar's first Toronto project, The Star of Downtown had. Now there are very strange circumstances with Mango in the Wilshire on the Green thread, which spilled over here with the "La di da everything is so peachy" post. She was probably bought off to shut her up regarding her Wilshire complaints. Do you really want to get involved with a builder with this reputation? Think carefully citizen...

This is for anyone else that purchased a condo at Portrait. I've read some horror-stories from Norstar's other projects, Star of Downtown and Wilshire on the Green. Any bad experiences so far with Portrait?

This is for anyone else that purchased a condo at Portrait. I've read some horror-stories from Norstar's other projects, Star of Downtown and Wilshire on the Green. Any bad experiences so far with Portrait?

So far so good with me. When I bought my suite early of last year back when it was with Elm Developments they had told me that they expect it to be complete by November 2010, then that got pushed to Spring of 2011, then to February 2012. Nothing too surprising there. I'm a first time buyer so I was told by others that I were to expect that. I got them to put hardwood floor throughout the suite and got the locker for free.

Unit I bought is a 635 sqft 1 + Den. The only thing I wish was that it was facing S or W, but those were all sold out. I think its a pretty good size for 1. All that are left now are the bigger more expensive suites that are designed like houses. They still have tons left.

The live cam looks like they're doing the parking level for the West side of the building now?

Last edited:
Well, the things they offer when you buy it early, seems will be thrown at everyone in the later stage, making those who purchase early look like a fool. Make sure you have everything in writing though, as you can't take their word on anything, if it is not written in the contract, YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT. Even those that are written in paper that you can choose, it is not guarantee you'll get it either.

Well, the things they offer when you buy it early, seems will be thrown at everyone in the later stage, making those who purchase early look like a fool. Make sure you have everything in writing though, as you can't take their word on anything, if it is not written in the contract, YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT. Even those that are written in paper that you can choose, it is not guarantee you'll get it either.

yeah its in writing. in retrospect i probably should have asked for more. oh well.

I was wondering if someone could give advice on when finishes were generally picked during the process? If move in is, say summer 2012, when would builder ask for choices?

taken yesterday

photoip.jpg

Love seeing 50's bungalows on main streets being replaced by this - if only Islington would follow suit already!

took these today

East Tower

photo5000.jpg

Podium

photo656v.jpg

West Tower

photo400bj.jpg

was happy to see that the Limousine Business across the street was replaced with a Tim Hortons!

photo3000.jpg

Here is a more recent picture. I really like how this one turned out. It's the nicest looking building on this stretch of Sheppard by far. It's amazing how much the design of these mid-rise building's has evolved since the first one's were built toward Downsview in the early 2000s.

sheppardave_560.jpg

Attachments

• sheppardave_560.jpg
    sheppardave_560.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 443

Back